Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

Stencil Transfer Fluid?

First Name
Darren
Thread starter #1
just wondered what you use to get your stencils to transfer onto skin/practice skin?

theres lots of mention about using deoderant sticks and even melted down with green soap i think? which i believe is all that "stencil stuff" is, which i've tried and thought it was crap. the best i've tried so far is dettol, im happy with the results and will stick with it unless someone has a better alternative?

First Name
Mark
stick to using dettol,you won't get anything better,(deo sticks only transfer germs !!!) wipe it on,let it go sticky,apply transfer,press on for a few seconds,hey presto,just remember to let it dry before tattooing.:)

First Name
Robb
I use the deodorant idea just now but i was lucky enough to get a friend in the US to get me speedstick Origional the regular one dosent work as well but still does just congeals in the bottle and sometimes its better to use the spatula spread stick to apply it

the original speed stick is put in a glass bottle pre sterilised in the micro wave once it goes as hot as the sun add in the same amount again of green soap then a cap full of alcohol and lastly optional two caps of detol

in fairness its a pain in the arse and takes a tad longer than neat detol to dry on the skin so you can work on it but when its dried its brilliant the stencil stays there and if your starting out you have less of a worry about the stencil line disappearing

to buy speedstick original in the uk costs a fortune if you can get someone to send it its allot cheaper

all in all DETOL lol

Tattooz

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Dave
Has to be stencil stuff! Its like a watered down pva glue. I used Dettol for a while, but it doesnt take long before the wiping makes it disappear. Stencil stuff needs a scourer to get rid!

I bought some off Supertatz on Ebay aswell a few months ago, (she is now a member on here) and that stuff was quite good aswell. :thumbsup:

Patrick

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Patrick
Homemade Greensoap & Stencil Fluid

Hi All

I use greensoap for stencils, I make it myself.
To make 1lt you need 200ml fairy liquid (genuine green fairy works best), 100ml dettol then 700ml water. It's best to add water in first otherwise it foams up and you make a mess. You can play about with the quantities to see what works best, but it works really well. Just spray it on and rub it in until it goes soapy wipe any excess off and apply your stencil in the usual way. If you have a Costco or similar in your area you can buy 4lt dettol and 6 x 750ml bottles of fairy liquid for about *£25.00 and you could also use red fairy liquid, then you can use one lot as green soap and the other for stencil fluid.
Hope this is helpful.

Happy Tatting

Patrick;)

First Name
Robb
Nice one Patrick much appreciated on that seems allot more simple than the one i put up and easier ingredients to get a hold of lol

First Name
Lee
I got the water only transfer paper (see other post for link) I have been using the fluid I got with my likt for it (looks and smells like nail varnish in a nail varnish bottle with little brush f***ing usless) then tried dettol but it seems that just water like in the vid they provided does the trick best.

I think the stencil is obvioulsy one of the most important stages and wondered if anyone had a fave paper / brand or any more tips.

Thanks in advance

Plus whats the thoughts on thermal copiers? as the stencelling is a slight plum throb (not sure if I can say ball ache? oops I just did)

First Name
james
i jus use neat dettol get plenty on the area you plan to tattoo but let it evapourate a lill bit then wen its "sticky" nows the time to get your stencil on, then let it dry f 5-10 mins now ya ready to go ;)

Patrick

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Patrick
Stencil Fluid

I got the water only transfer paper (see other post for link) I have been using the fluid I got with my likt for it (looks and smells like nail varnish in a nail varnish bottle with little brush f***ing usless) then tried dettol but it seems that just water like in the vid they provided does the trick best.

I think the stencil is obvioulsy one of the most important stages and wondered if anyone had a fave paper / brand or any more tips.

Thanks in advance

Plus whats the thoughts on thermal copiers? as the stencelling is a slight plum throb (not sure if I can say ball ache? oops I just did)
Lee

As James said neat dettol works quite well or buy a bootle of stencil transfer fluid from supertatz. On pig skin it's not as good as on real skin, but should give you a clear enough stencil to follow. Try soaking the pig skin in hot awter for 5 minutes dry it of and then apply your stencil while it's still warm. If you are using genuine spirit transfer paper with the above it will work. In fact you will have problems clean the transfer off. Hope this helps. Also see my earlier posts on making your own solution.:)

Patrick

First Name
james
yea i find neat dettol works a treat and apply the stencil jus at the right time ,,,,,, it sticks like shit to a blanket!!! and a total nightmare to scrub off "real skin" even with green soap,or dettol/water mix + you get the added benifit of wen you use dettol makeing sure your "work area " on the skin is clean ;)

then wen your in the process of tattooing "real skin" i use distilled water to clean off the "area" of excess ink wen im working thru the peice then a final wipedown of an clean with green soap/ water mix

Last edited: