Synthetic Skin Tattoos

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Here are a few of my tattoo's that i've done on synthetic practic skins. I like to do my own designs mainly using photos as reference. There is a Steve Soto design in here though. I'd love to get feedback from you guys as I only show my girlfriend and one other pal my work at present. Thanks for looking.

stevesoto1.jpg Mary1.jpg
AnnaFurLaxis.jpg HarleyQuinn.jpg

Remove Ads

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
your work looks great steve!:icon_mrgreen: love realism myself. Have you tried pig skin yet? You will get much more smoother blends in your shading.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
I once got a big slab of belly pork but found it to be very messy. It was like wherever the skin had been plucked the ink just sank into it and stayed there no matter how much you wiped it. I was gutted as I had high hopes for pig skin. I may have to give it another go though as I see most people work on pig skin on here for practice.
How do you find it?

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
I find it a pain to work with, but its better than the fake skin imo.
Your right the ink sticks into every little bit, and i cant seem to get any pig skin thats completely free of stamped cuts all through it. Just got to try and dab the ink rather than smudge it across the design.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
The work you've done on pigskin is brilliant Debs, I really like it. The skull is totally badass. I tried doing a portrait and gave up as I just couldn't see a thing. Yes, dabbing would be a good idea!!
Your work has convinced me to give it another go. :icon_biggrin:

fahey1981

Premium
Media
First Name
shea thomas
the work looks really good. it is hard to try and get good blend on synth skin. i find if you go to a good local butcher and for some pigskin you can get some good bits without the machine cuts and stuff

Ant465

Premium
First Name
Anthony
Those on the synthertic skin look great, where did you get the synthertic skin from? There is a lot for sale on eBay, is it any good or just cheap and poor quality?

goldy

Basic
First Name
Goldy
Your work is one of the great i ever saw on fake practice skin as i know its a hard surface to get effect on...

Last edited: