Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Tattoo 5,6&7(on someone eles) constructive criticisms please!!

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
i think a map behind the compass in greywash would look good as i think there is too much empty skin there, also the swallow looks a bit skinny and the feathers a bit pointy but a real good start, theres a lot of different skin types to deal with around there.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
I think you bite a little more than you can chew, no need to go so big (thinking of the middle pic), and if you do, take your time and make sure you do it good even if that means you have to plit it up in more sessions. Nothing wrong with being slow, especially not when your still learning. The moon looks great to me! The heart looks pretty much what you can expect from someone learning to tattoo. A little shaky lines, but other than that i can't see anything bad, like too deep or overworked.

Mysthearious

Premium
First Name
Thea
I think you bite a little more than you can chew, no need to go so big (thinking of the middle pic), and if you do, take your time and make sure you do it good even if that means you have to plit it up in more sessions. Nothing wrong with being slow, especially not when your still learning. The moon looks great to me! The heart looks pretty much what you can expect from someone learning to tattoo. A little shaky lines, but other than that i can't see anything bad, like too deep or overworked.
I totally agree with everything you said...against my better judgment i went way to big and it was overwhelming. My ex was trying to “push me” and i went for it being that he didn’t care about the outcome. I usually hand draw my designs after i put them together in photoshop to get a better feel for where everything goes. I didn’t do that with this design and it def bit me in the ass. I should just challenge myself in small increments instead of large leaps! Thanks for you feedback!!

Mysthearious

Premium
First Name
Thea
i think a map behind the compass in greywash would look good as i think there is too much empty skin there, also the swallow looks a bit skinny and the feathers a bit pointy but a real good start, theres a lot of different skin types to deal with around there.
Yea a map would have looked really nice.. that gives me something to think about when creating future designs! Thanks for your input!

ribul

Donator  
Premium
First Name
richard
the big piece you did some bits you did well other parts not so well...mine have turned out pretty much the same..just learn and like malin said break them down and do them one by one..i need to slow down too..i get in a rhythm and find my speed increasing without realising..

Mysthearious

Premium
First Name
Thea
the big piece you did some bits you did well other parts not so well...mine have turned out pretty much the same..just learn and like malin said break them down and do them one by one..i need to slow down too..i get in a rhythm and find my speed increasing without realising..
Yea, youre exactly right. My mentor tells me to take my time too. I find when i do the results are better so i just have to keep that in my mind. Thanks for your input!!

ribul

Donator  
Premium
First Name
richard
thing is i think im taking my time and im not thats why i run my machine slow...i dont think playing system of a down on youtube while im tattooing helps 🤣🤣

ribul

Donator  
Premium
First Name
richard
maybe i should try listening to the orb from the 90's 😂