Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Tattoo 9&10

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Looks good to me - the shading looks like you could work on, maybe not the technique, more where you apply it. Looks a bit strange now.

TexasPT

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
star looks solid, I think the swelling distorts it a bit. @MalligaMallan 's comment on shading is her being all artsy fartsy and wanting a singular light source to provide shadows. :ROFLMAO: While you have 4 light sources...the shading looks nice and with the darker skin it creates some contrast that gives it some depth, I like it.

The roman numerals I don't care for...always make sure you line up lines that pass through something. your X looks like a Y with an afterthought getting the bottom right side in. From 10 feet away it's great...but on a learning site you need to recognize that you're not putting your needle right where you want it yet. It takes time to be able to hit the mark every time. The tops look straight but the bottom looks like it slopes upward...like the stencil was made from a photo that may have been wrapping around an arm.

Either way...you're doing great. I have limited experience tattooing darker skin so I'm excited to get feedback from you as you progress with the process.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Hey mr. Mark @TexasPT , I do NOT want one single light source! :p That's what everyone else keeps saying, but never me! Actually I usually have very confusing light sources myself. What looks good, looks good. But that's the artsy fartsy me ;)

But if you have a star with five points and only one of them is heavily shaded, that looks a bit odd to me.

But who am I to complain! The star has a real nice shape and nice lines, and the letters in next pic look great!

Sorry if I sounded harsh before (usually do when I answer, but really don't have time to)!

Pzychotixx

Premium
Media
First Name
Albert
Lol I cant really say much. Way better than my lines but the art school side of me would agree with the light source thing but that's just me

Mysthearious

Premium
First Name
Thea
star looks solid, I think the swelling distorts it a bit. @MalligaMallan 's comment on shading is her being all artsy fartsy and wanting a singular light source to provide shadows. :ROFLMAO: While you have 4 light sources...the shading looks nice and with the darker skin it creates some contrast that gives it some depth, I like it.

The roman numerals I don't care for...always make sure you line up lines that pass through something. your X looks like a Y with an afterthought getting the bottom right side in. From 10 feet away it's great...but on a learning site you need to recognize that you're not putting your needle right where you want it yet. It takes time to be able to hit the mark every time. The tops look straight but the bottom looks like it slopes upward...like the stencil was made from a photo that may have been wrapping around an arm.

Either way...you're doing great. I have limited experience tattooing darker skin so I'm excited to get feedback from you as you progress with the process.
Yea i understand what mallig is saying with the shading and im aware of the contradicting light sources lol.. was just a artist choice(may not have been the best) to add something to the star.. as far as the roman numerals.. that makes sense to put a line through it to keep it looking straight. The guy was super skinny so maybe that is adding to it looking weird idk.. but thanks for the tips. I appreciate you guys!!

Mysthearious

Premium
First Name
Thea
Looks good to me - the shading looks like you could work on, maybe not the technique, more where you apply it. Looks a bit strange now.
Yea i know the light source is off... just didn’t want it look so flat.. and had to commit once I started. I should have did my light source dot so i could keep everything cohesive.. gives me something to think about moving forward. Thanks 💕

Mysthearious

Premium
First Name
Thea
Lol I cant really say much. Way better than my lines but the art school side of me would agree with the light source thing but that's just me
Thanks and yea i know its a little weird lol.. should have did my little light source dot so i could keep everything cohesive, thanks for your feedback!!