Tattoo Apprenticeships in Essex, UK?

First Name
jay
My name is Jay. I'm totally new to tattooing, so much so that I am still in the process of buying my own equipment, but im keen, excited and ready to dedicate myself. Im 25 yrs old, live near basildon, essex and looking for advice or help in getting an appreticeship. I consider myself to have advanced drawing skills and believe in myself that I can become an accomplished tattooist given the right guidance. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Remove Ads

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
Hello mate, You have come to the right site here, we are all at different stages of learning & everyone here is friendly and offers great advice.
Not sure if anybody here can help with apprenticeships but you will still learn a lot.

Also get yourself down to morrisons & buy Pork rind (sheets of pigskin) great for practicing on as its very close to human skin. costs abt 50p for 3 or 4 A4 size sheets.

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
If you go for an apprenticeship then dont admit to owning tattooing equipment or having already tattooed from your kitchen, tattooists dont seem to like it.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi Jay and welcome, i don't know what you have done to find an Apprenticeship but there are not many good tattoo artists out there willing to spend the time to train people in the art of tattooing, very often people are paying the tattoo artist to train with them, this site is definitely the next best thing, with or without an apprenticeship the more you put in, the more you will get out of it, practise, practise and then some more practise. When you are ready to buy some equipment just ask for some guidance, there will be somebody there to help.

regards
Tony

First Name
jay
Thanks a lot ppl. Ill be sure to let you know what equipment I will be buying to get some honest feed back before I do buy it. Looks like ill just have practise, practise, practise like you say. I've pretty much only asked local tattooists about apprenticeships and like you also said only 1 said they would but for a stupid amount of money. Cheers again ppl ill be sure to keep u informed of my progress :)

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Hello jay, dont think your get any help from the local tattooist in bas m8 they dont seem to want to help newbies, a guy i know tried and didnt get any help, im in same area as you, and found this site to be so helpfull, and if you join theres lots of goodies you can get.
Get some pig skin from morrisons.

First Name
sophie
Re: Tattoo training???

Hey is there anyone on here looking to train people, for free or for their own benefit, like help me help you :)... Plz.... If their is anyone looking to train people for tattooing plz add my pin pin:2229B0F9

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
Hello Sophie, If you are looking to learn to tattoo my first advice would be to join the site & download & read the training manual. It full of great info that will set you in the right direction.... Also the community here is full of people at various stages of learning so anything you want to know just ask.

coopermart

Premium
First Name
Martin
Hi Jay

I live in basildon and have bben a member on this site for a few months now, You will find it near impossible to get a good artist to take you on round here, You are wlcome to come round and look at my equipment and get a feel for the machines before you decide what to buy, i will happily share my limited knowledge with you.... Maybe you could help me with my drawing skills as they seem to be going backwards at the mo.....lol

Martin

Laughing Buddha

Premium
First Name
Ben
Welcome mate.

Hello mate, You have come to the right site here, we are all at different stages of learning & everyone here is friendly and offers great advice.
Not sure if anybody here can help with apprenticeships but you will still learn a lot.

Also get yourself down to morrisons & buy Pork rind (sheets of pigskin) great for practicing on as its very close to human skin. costs abt 50p for 3 or 4 A4 size sheets.
WHAT??? I must be getting ripped off down here in London. 3 pieces for just smaller than A4 is *£1.20