Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

tattoo color fill after 3 days

First Name
Erin
I did all the outlines yesterday tuesday but he didnt manage to finish it, he wants to come back on friday to finish the whole thing, is it okay to fill it after 3 days?

ribul

Donator  
Premium
First Name
richard
2 weeks should be ok as long as its been creamed regular and looked after..if ur unsure leave it for another week so 3 in total

dirtnail

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Pieter
Best give your skin some time to heal... besides that it will probably hurt like hell since your skin is all tender.

Personally I wouldn't much trust a tattooer that wanted to go back in and fill after only 3 three days to be honest...

troub1edsou1z

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Tom
no less than 2 weeks. not only will it hurt but you chance opening up a still fresh wound and possibly cause scarring.

Revenge

Premium
First Name
Kat
I did all the outlines yesterday tuesday but he didnt manage to finish it, he wants to come back on friday to finish the whole thing, is it okay to fill it after 3 days?

I have done work before on the same tattoo, where lines are not fully healed. I stick far away from them and only hit skin i have not touched. But frankly its not worth it. It adds another session to the mix, and another two weeks to healing, in order to be able to hit the seam between.

It takes two weeks for the upper layers of skin to heal, and finish peeling. Frankly, the skin at this point is still very tender and fresh. The upper layers have healed, but the lower layers have not. You can tell this by the shiney, almost cloudy stage of the tattoo. If you tattoo at this point, its easier to overwork the skin. An overworked skin will bleed more, and have more risk of scaring. Scaring will have rough, raised points, and ideally you want your tattoo to be seamless with the skin.

Another thing to note, is certain effects and blends will be wayyyyyyy better if you can wet blend them in one session. Having to go back in after they have healed makes a bit of a harder transition depending on what your going for. Pigments when layered fresh will have a chance to mix within the skin. Pigments that have healed cannot mix, but will be layered over each other. Darker colors will always shine through lighter ones.

With all those things in mind, yes, it is possible. If you stick away from heal8ng areas. But no. Its not worth the risk of damage to skin, or quality of work.

That tattoo is a walking billboard of your work. Take pride in it. Baby it. And don't be afraid to tell your client no. People get excited to finish projects. But some don't understand the process the body goes through. Patience will give you the best tattoo. =)