Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in
  • The latest tattoo drawing contest is now open for entries.
    Enter now to win your trophy. Read more

Tattoo machine selfie

troub1edsou1z

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Tom
Trophies
(T)
Opaques are the better option in my opinion, only because like said, you dont have to remember your mix. However you can mix black and white to get greys. The trick is to use black pigment like triple black or true black rather then a lining black and you want to add small amounts of black at a time until you get the tone you're looking for. or just mix in the tube

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Jerry
Trophies
(T)
Nice lines. IMO you could had used the darker grey on the bottom of the handle ribs to give some depth. Looks solid though, maybe a couple of areas where the light grey isnt all the way saturated but hard to tell sometimes with light colors. Black is saturated for sure.

Daisy

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Kiaran
Trophies
(T)(T)(T)
That solid black :love::love::love: !!! - lines look great - but think a little bit more shading on the grey at the left side of the handle (love the highlights on the right)

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Daryl
Thread starter #30
Hi all and thanks for the feed back ,first jay couldnt get the mono set as none in stock over here so I just got what they had ,but nice ink to work with ,and Kiaran I plan to add a drop shadow and make the highlights a bit bigger ,I will also probably add some shading to the dark side ,I did the black tribal last year sometime ,and got that in one pass ,I was pretty happy with it ,I am a fan of black work

Attachments

Daisy

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Kiaran
Trophies
(T)(T)(T)
Honest that looks great - I love the design of the triangles/blades - not seen anything like these before style wise - a lot of blackwork seems to be quite similar in style/ geometric styled + dots (and that solid black - soooooo jealous - skills!)

dirtnail

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Pieter
Looks great! Only thing I can think of is that it could do with a bit more contrast and/or additional shading on the handle to make it more round... but that's more personal preference :cool:

The blackwork looks awesome btw! Looks crisp and solid and very cool design.
Got a couple of guys in my city who specialize in Polynesian... it's a great style if you can master it.