Tattoo pen machine.

vjestice

Basic
First Name
vjestice
Hello everybody! :)

I wanted to do this since I was in my early teenage years (I'm 24) and now I have finally decided to buy myself a tattoo pen machine. When it comes to tattoos I prefer outline, dot, sketch, glitch, abstract and geometric. Based on the above, can you please recommend me which one to buy? My budget for the first machine is max 200€. And don't worry, I'm not reckless. I will not start tattooing on people. First I will learn on fake skin, fruits, then on myself. If that turns out okay, I will practice on my close friends, since they all said they want to be a test bunny haha.

Thank you for all the answers and have a nice day! :D

Remove Ads

GWFH

Premium Plus
First Name
Valentin
valentin.chagny_tattoo

I wanted to do this since I was in my early teenage years (I'm 24) and now I have finally decided to buy myself a tattoo pen machine. When it comes to tattoos I prefer outline, dot, sketch, glitch, abstract and geometric. Based on the above, can you please recommend me which one to buy? My budget for the first machine is max 200€. And don't worry, I'm not reckless. I will not start tattooing on people. First I will learn on fake skin, fruits, then on myself. If that turns out okay, I will practice on my close friends, since they all said they want to be a test bunny haha.

Hey ! Although this is not a absolute truth, coil machines are said to be better for lining, while rotary (pens included) are generally preferred for shading and packing (even if it's more complexe in fact : there are shading coil tattoo machines for example). Anyway, a tattoo machine is not really to be held like a regular pen, so don't be too focused on your machine shape. Your choice must be guided by what you want to do with it, and also by the sensation it give you. A coil machine is more complexe to tune and heavier, but the feeling is smoother on the skin. A rotary machine, on the contrary, has a simple setup, is lighter, but the feeling on the skin is not as smooth. I don't know if you already tried theses two types of machine, but I recommend that you give it a go before spending 200 euros on something you may not like and that is not really made for the type of tattoo you're planning to do :)

Last edited:

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
These are $200 usd ,battery operated,strong motor ,3.5 stroke A35D6B34-1860-4512-B7C0-B76A401F4942.png

chris1

Basic
First Name
christopher

you can get these SABRE REIGN PEN MACHINES at the tattoo shop for £155 they are half price till this Sunday

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
If you are set on a pen look at CNC machines. The Q2 is the one i have and its nice. I still prefer coils for line work personally but Texaspt here uses the Q2 for everything and does very nice work.

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
If you are set on a pen look at CNC machines. The Q2 is the one i have and its nice. I still prefer coils for line work personally but Texaspt here uses the Q2 for everything and does very nice work.
Thanks! Once you figure them out they are great. I think I'm about to buy a backup pen and the just ditch coils all together. Want to trade your CNC for a Ruethless Irons liner?

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
Thanks! Once you figure them out they are great. I think I'm about to buy a backup pen and the just ditch coils all together. Want to trade your CNC for a Ruethless Irons liner?
Ill message you!