Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Tattoo supplies for unlicensed people

Slinky

Premium
First Name
Perri
I am looking for some inks from a tattoo supplies company and wondered if they will ask me for a licence number or anything?
Can anyone recommend any suppliers that dont ask.

Remove Ads Close

sneeks18

tattoo supplys

theres a place in orange county ca called D M S they sell inks needles and every thing

steveo44

Premium
WHAT ABOUT SUPERTATZ,He sells on e-bay and is a member on here.Ive had flash cards ect.Fast and reliable,I think he sells ink aswell.Worth a try.

frontosa

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
i won some ink off the tattoo shop on ebay over a week ago and still not had it.
and they dont reply to email's
they are a waste of time.

chunkymonkey

Premium
First Name
Ian
if using tattoo shop, better to use their web site and not ebay as they tend to be a bit slack on ebay but they do eventually reply, use the website and get your items faster and they reply faster, i prefer powerlinetattoosuplies.

beppe

Premium
First Name
angelito
Hey mate, I use new image, the tattoo shop, and killer ink. Barber dts also but you can't buy needles or machines from them.

Spiral

Premium
First Name
martin
hi mate, i have used barberdts, powerline,and killerink in the past and have used newimage recently, try powerline first never had any problems with at all.

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
You ain't gonna grass us up to the peelers once you get our cash are you Steve?? Haha..... Nice one, the site's getting bigger and bigger. Looks great so far.....

BFMT

Banned
First Name
CR
I am looking for some inks from a tattoo supplies company and wondered if they will ask me for a licence number or anything?
Can anyone recommend any suppliers that dont ask.
The book titled "Basic Fundamentals of Tattoo" has several lists of suppliers.
I recommend UNIMAX though - for selection and price.
I am pretty sure they do not require license.

dave14jones

First Name
Dave Jones
yes, you may find suppliers who donââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t ask for your license but It is better to get a license to save yourself from trouble. Generally good online suppliers do ask for your license.

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Best Suppliers for Non Licensed Tattooists Practising at Home Etc.

1st off I will admit to buying a World Wide Tattoo Kit, the best one they do mind and brought that from The Tattoo Shop.

Now doing some reading I see that this maybe a double wammy for myself but as it stands all seems well....

The kit itself (half price at the moment) I know will not be the best but as a start up to see if its something someone would want to take on properly I think its pretty ideal (of course I maybe corrected lol)

Speaking to The Tattoo Shop they seemed very helpful in answering all my questions and the large order I placed was all correct on delivery.

Having read up on what people have said about TTS can people please suggest where us non licensed tattooist that are purely practising on fake or pig skin can purchase items such as inks, needles and such without the worry of them being copies or unsterilised etc

I want to try eternal inks etc... but need to find a suitable supplier that isn't both overpriced and have a ridiculous postage cost. I'm going to call Barber DTS and see what I can order from them if I can get anything at all without a licence.

Thanks

First Name
JD
Re: Best Suppliers for Non Licensed Tattooists Practising at Home Etc.

Wish I could help ya.. But I am in the US and buy from American suppliers.. I have no idea what your non-international options are.

maggot

Premium
Media
First Name
colin

personally i found powerlines best for non licensed

First Name
JD

If it helps any.. I buy from Unimax, Mithra, Eikon, and Needlejig.

Stealth Ninja

Premium
First Name
Rich

I use powerline. Never had a problem with buying from powerline or killerink without a licence, but they are reasonably priced and an official distibuter of skin candy which is the ink I use.

Optimus11

Premium
First Name
Jimmy "Spartan"
i won some ink off the tattoo shop on ebay over a week ago and still not had it.
and they dont reply to email's
they are a waste of time.
Ive always used tattoshop with no issues give them a ring and im sure they will gladly help..

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Thanks will check them out... seems powerline are out of stock of everything i'm looking for - typical... :icon_razz:

i'm after needles, black outliner ink and a tribal black... seems everywhere is out at the moment

The tattooshop seem way over priced imo now that i'm searching about

Last edited:

Tattooz

Donator Plus  
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Dave
Ive had some REALLy bad needles from powerline own brand. 7Mag and 9Mag were attrotious. Specs of solder on the needles causing massive pain.
I though they were being babies, but when i had a look under the lamp after the 3rd person was struggling, i binned the lot!

chinese crap with a powerline sticker obviously.

Only problem in my opinion with tattooshop, is the dates on their inks. I have had eternal with 3 to five months life. Barber DTS are around 18mths.

but i suppose if you want supplies being unlicensed, you will put up with the date issue, but not the needles.

Give our Sarah a look at Supertatz if you want disposables n stuff.
www.supertatz.co.uk

Datavampire

Premium
First Name
Mark
If you want fusion inks, you cant get them from killer ink, they require you to be licenced. as i found out.

Swampy

First Name
Swampy
If you want fusion inks, you cant get them from killer ink, they require you to be licenced. as i found out.
I think that since Killer Ink have started going to conventions etc, they have been told to tighten their belts. Why a company in these hard times would refuse peoples money is beyond me, but if they want to try and impress, then let em.

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
I'm struggling to decide on which needles to get... remembering i'm unlicensed at the moment.

What do others here use that they have had good results with and able to buy of course...

Been reading up that world wide apparently do not sterilise their needles and as above powerlines own bards noting being great so i'll steering clear of those two... but what about the tattoo shop needles or the sabre they supply???

Looking on New Image (tattookit.co.uk) they have a panther range - anyone know if these are any good??

thanks guys!

Last edited:

maggot

Premium
Media
First Name
colin
I think that since Killer Ink have started going to conventions etc, they have been told to tighten their belts. Why a company in these hard times would refuse peoples money is beyond me, but if they want to try and impress, then let em.
nothing to do with killer ink its a fusion thing

Tattooz

Donator Plus  
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Dave
I'm struggling to decide on which needles to get... remembering i'm unlicensed at the moment.

What do others here use that they have had good results with and able to buy of course...

Been reading up that world wide apparently do not sterilise their needles and as above powerlines own bards noting being great so i'll steering clear of those two... but what about the tattoo shop needles or the sabre they supply???

Looking on New Image (tattookit.co.uk) they have a panther range - anyone know if these are any good??

thanks guys!
Ive used Pinup brand from Powerline before i switched to Barbers, and they are ok.

derb83

First Name
eric
i like to order from unimax supply . they are great and have good prices they have two major locations one in new york and one in texas. i get everything next day http://unimaxsupply.com/.