Tattoo Tracer

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Does anyone know a good tattoo tracer program / site, I have tried tattootracer.com but im not that impressed.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Remove Ads

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
I sometimes use a program called paint . net thers a tool on it to create a stencil its free to download and is a lot like photoshop:thumbsup:

Xaphaniel

Premium
First Name
Robb
nice on ei use Paint . net as well its really simple get the picture you want go to effects then artistic and then pencil draw then mess around with the line and shading arrows sometimes it works well most times and other times you have to mess around with the levels.

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
I use Gimp2 very easy to use upload image then two steps and you have your outline.

It's free to download and easier to use than paint.

simon

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
Gimp and Fotosketcher, both free and very easy to use links on another thread somewhere.

TattooJay

Premium
First Name
Jay
Been looking for some help on how to do this, nice. FotoSketcher works great.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
as recommended Gimp is a pretty powerful program. I have used it as well as Photoshop, my personal favorite is Adobe Illustrator but cost can prohibitive to most as its not the cheapest program around...does a very nice job though.

TattooJay

Premium
First Name
Jay
as recommended Gimp is a pretty powerful program. I have used it as well as Photoshop, my personal favorite is Adobe Illustrator but cost can prohibitive to most as its not the cheapest program around...does a very nice job though.
I will possibly check out gimp, but FotoSketcher seems to be doing what I need it to do. Adobe is nice but costly. I am sure in the future I will upgrade to a nicer design program if need be.

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Ive never tried this but i have cs5 so i would guess that does it, i only use it for my photography and not looked into the other stuff it does lol but as gimp is free thats a cheaper option.

jonturbo

Premium
First Name
jon
ive downloaded gimp but cant figure out how to curve text on it?:icon_confused:

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Ive never tried this but i have cs5 so i would guess that does it, i only use it for my photography and not looked into the other stuff it does lol but as gimp is free thats a cheaper option.
If you have CS5, you should have Illustrator. I do graphics as well and this program is hands down one of the sweetest Ive used. I still use CS3 but it has all of the same features as CS5, youve just got more bells and whistles. Its also easy,...hit the button that says "Live Trace" and presto!!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Ok mike will give it a try, i got some studio stuff to do later so will try it on a model, will post it up if i sus it out

Cheers

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
just the cs5 mike :icon_sad:

Likely not then....If you want to "TRY" it and see if you like it, they used to offer a free 30 day trial on the adobe website..might be worth a gamble just to play with for a few weeks and see if its something you want. The thing with Illustrator is that its based on Vectors not Pixels, so everything is extremely smooth....Its just a really fun program to mess with, and it does about everything PS does, PS just has more power for Photo editing, Illustrator is just what it says its for Illustrating.

Dark Reign

Premium
First Name
Tony
You can get an outline on cs5, just click on filter and select stylize from the menu, then find edges. job done :thumbsup: