Tattoo

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Hi just got back from a guy who has been tattooing for years, as a mobile tattooist.

I asked him if what he was doing was illegal as he was tattooing in unregistered premises.

He told me that he used disposable grips and tips and would use a new set on each client and dispose of the needles in a sharp container. He said because he uses disposable grips etc. on each client this does away with the need for sterilisation and therefore he does not require a health certificate.
IÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢m unsure if this is true or false he also has his own studio which is registered with all the correct sterilisation eg autoclave etc.
He has been tattooing over 25 years so donÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t know if what he is telling me is true.

Any ideas?? ;)

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi Daz,

I've been lookin into setting up legally (in the future - not yet!), and he still needs to be registered regardless of using disposables! If you want more info PM me! I'll not bore you with all the legal stuff here!

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
it must be illegal

It is illegal to tattoo people , in your own home if you are not registered, so being a mobile tattooist must be breaking the law.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
It is illegal to tattoo people , in your own home if you are not registered, so being a mobile tattooist must be breaking the law.

Hi Tony,

don't think it's illegal to tattoo at home - provided no under 18's - but you are not allowed to accept money! That is my interpretation of the legal jargon and advice I have received from council last week. Anyone can tattoo - there are no formal qualifications (yet), and it is not illegal to buy any of the equipment. Otherwise we would be stupid to join the forum and post our pics etc....

Once you take money for tattoo's then it becomes illegal without a licence - (as far as I understand it - correct me guys if I'm wrong?) Basically all of the members tatt's shown on here on the training forum were done for free!!!!:p

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
yes wild your spot on nothin wrong in tattooing from home provided no under 18s and u dont take "money" ive done tattoos for people an they "traded" my servs for somthing i want ;) ie a digital camera, bose headfones and stuff but if they want to leave a "tip" im cool with that to ;) i jus wont tattoo any1 jus freinds and freinds of freinds ;)

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Absolutely JB!

we all must be clear on that!;) A tip is not the same as a charge!!

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
they way i see it i have an autoclave i pouch my grips and tips everything is sterile i dont force or tie people down in the chair there with me at there own free will as far im conserned "legal" issues got nothin to do with me i still follow the guidlines as a shop would jus dont pay "TAX" to practice my art :cool:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
i think it is illegal

Hi dawn I think you said in one of your earlier posts that you are going to Sheffield for a one day course, this is where my information is from, its not the fat that you are tattooing, its the fact that the Authorities do not know that you are competent, on the health and safety aspect of things, therefor without an inspection of your property you will be breaking the law.

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
i study "LAWS" wen im not being creative ,i dont care if something is "illegal" i take the upmost care if something is "unLAWFUL" and do care lot, but illegal and unlawfull are totally different things i stick to laws and legislation is not "law" :cool: hope this helps lol

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
it's all about health and saety

I also see that a few people seem to think it's got something to do with the fact that you are charging people money, unless you are unemployed, then none cares about the money side of things, it purely the health and safety aspect

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi dawn I think you said in one of your earlier posts that you are going to Sheffield for a one day course, this is where my information is from, its not the fat that you are tattooing, its the fact that the Authorities do not know that you are competent, on the health and safety aspect of things, therefor without an inspection of your property you will be breaking the law.

Hmmm not sure Tony - I have been reading into it all, and have spoken to the council just last week, as eventually I would like to set up a business. At the moment - as you'll see, I have only used pig skin, however if a person consents to allow you to tattoo them, I don't read it that it's illegal at all. It's just like having people to dinner at home... If I charged them, I would have to have my premises inspected for health/safety/hygiene/competence.... If I invite them ... does that make it illegal??? I'm not a trained chef and could poison them??? Sorry - but it's a bit of a grey area, and we'll just have to agree to disagree;)

I get a little irritated because I believe the 'pro's' are in the main - though not always - against newcomers - and you must ask yourself... how did they all train? None of them posesss a qualification - because they don't exist! Do they all follow every letter of the law?... certainly not from what I've seen! I have a 17 year old nephew who received a tat from a 'pro' in a shop (at 16!), and another who had a tat done whilst he was drunk - and openly admits it!

Sorry forgive my outburst - but it makes me mad:mad:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
illegal or not

I don't see the truth as being an outburst, this is the reason for this forum, so that all of us newcomers to tattooing can learn and get the right information, we will all get things wrong from time to time but thats the learning process, when you said it's like having someone for dinner well it's not really because you are not breaking someones skin, where you can corse infections.

regards
Tony

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
I also see that a few people seem to think it's got something to do with the fact that you are charging people money, unless you are unemployed, then none cares about the money side of things, it purely the health and safety aspect

No it's not about the money per se..., I do agree, but it's the fact that once you make a charge for your service - it becomes a business transaction, and you therefore need to be licenced to trade.

I used to work for the I.R. - don't want to make enemies here:p but in business terms this is where you cross the line.

From all of the members I have 'spoken' to on the forum, I feel we are a 'community' of people who really, genuinely care about all health and safety aspects of tattooing - otherwise why would we spend hours researching and asking questions on the forum? I could go off line, sit in my bedroom, charge money, smoke, re-use needles etc etc.. but I don't!!

Enough said - from me that is!! Sorry - hope I haven't caused any offence here!

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
I don't see the truth as being an outburst, this is the reason for this forum, so that all of us newcomers to tattooing can learn and get the right information, we will all get things wrong from time to time but thats the learning process, when you said it's like having someone for dinner well it's not really because you are not breaking someones skin, where you can corse infections.

regards
Tony

Sorry.... I know,... I said I'd leave it there but hey... I can't!

Let me ask you a question... If I eat a piece of raw meat that has sat on a warm bench top for days, would I not get food poisoning??? Probably - yes! The laws on food hygiene are very stringent - so that is why I used it as a comparison.

That meat is going into my body and into my bloodstream!!! Get my point?

Probably more invasive than a needle 2mm into my skin!

Sorry Tony - but as I said, we'll have to agree to disagree here!

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hahaha bang on wild i also noticed you used the word "authoritys",,,, heres my understanding is about "authoritys",,,,, whos authority? were did they get there authority? how did they "gain" there authority? who says your "under" there authority? in short i am my "own" authority i know when somthing is rioght or wrong, all i can say for me to "submit" an application for a "lisence" folks need to understand and comprehend what "submiting an application means(to "beg"yes beg!!! for permission) , do i need to seek the "permission" to do what is already a "lawfull" action ????? if im an adult? dont children "ask permission"?? and an adult just do?? to understand "legal/law" there is no point usein a oxford dictonry to check the meanings of words its not the same language,no "legislation is written in plain common english may look the same language but its not, its legalise happy begging folks lol oh yea p.s you done the same thing with a car lisence, marrige lisense,buisness lisence any kinda lisence and anything you "apply" for :eek: bless

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
it's illegal

I have simply answered a question asked from Daz, I didnÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t expect this, I ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…*€œm trying to help you people, not fall out with you, everybody keeps on about tattoos they have done at home and how they canÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t wait until they are tattooing skin, but to be a professional tattooist you must do things the Wright way, I have it in writing from AJ in Sheffield that it is illegal and I quote ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“ please be aware that tattooing at home without registration is illegal, even if itÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s only friends and family without money changing hands, this of course , only applies if you are tattooing the skinÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬* now just because some of you donÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t agree with this and donÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t like to hear it , doesnÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t mean itÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s not true, if you go to your browser and put the local government (miscellaneous provisions) act 1982 and go down to section 15 you will be able to read for yourself that unless you are registered it is illegal. I too canÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t wait until I can tattoo peopleÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s skin but I donÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t want my business to fail before it has begun just because of a few hundred pound to get registered, that would just be silly wouldnÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t it.

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
its illegal????? do you know what illegal means? legally speaking(not a patronising way) you quoted an "act" of parliment do you know what an "act" is? never mind wah is writen in the "act" forget wah is written at the moment in the act u need to understand an act" 1st - its a legislated rule of "a" society gien the force of "LAW" when consented, mite sound crazy to you (dont take my word 4 it look yaself ;) like i sed may sound crazy but im not in the society you all are a part of, check out the legal definition of a society to ;) then when you read it for yaself i wont sound so crazy no 1 trying to have a dig at you i no your intentions are good u want to do the right thing an that is great but to me jus sounds like a "pro" puttin u down or off like i sed illegal means nothin what so ever to me i dont consent to act they aint applicable to me and yes you b surprised how the police in my area reconise that an dont want nothin to do with me, knowegde is power ;) bless

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
it's illegal

I'm from a really nice area as well jamesb, it is up to you how you define illegal but I think you are going of the subject a bit, baz asked if it was illegal to tattoo in an unregistered premises, and I answered him, it's up to you when and where you tattoo people, I would prefer to do it the wright way myself.

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
I'm from a really nice area as well jamesb, it is up to you how you define illegal but I think you are going of the subject a bit, baz asked if it was illegal to tattoo in an unregistered premises, and I answered him, it's up to you when and where you tattoo people, I would prefer to do it the wright way myself.

hahah who said im from a really nice area to ? lol thats the point its not my definition its legal dictionary deffinition it stands as fact (its what laywers and judges in "court use) like i said dont take my word for it check it out for yourself. do i think im going off topic no you said you want to do it the right way i appreciate that, but right by who ?? the government?? "the authoritys"?? bottom line is if you are up to date with hygene topics and sterilization procedures and you anit mashing up nobodys skin and there happy with there new art , why do u feel it nessisary to to pay "lisences fees and beg permission to practice your art, art is art theres no boundrys, but your puttin a barrier up for yourself, if you are new to this (tattooing) i would say dont go out by a cheapo kit straight away 1st thing to do reaserch cross contamination resarch health issues afilliated with tattooing and how to be clean and do nice work when u think you know all there is to know about these subject go bk an resaerch some more theres tests online for cross contamination to test your knowledge :) then start to resarch how to setup correct machines and work station ,(assuming your art work is good enough also)then your ready to get a kit and as for pros saying u gota do it right meanin appretiship is the only way i say everytime be truthfull with yourself "pro" your self tought no apprship and some of the worlds best ,,,, self taught yea some are blessed with "good apprentiships and would jump at the chance of a "good apprentiships)
it not a dig i ppreciate you want to do the right thing but look at it this way if the only way to do it "right was through appships there would b harldy any tattoo artists around and ive seen sum self taught artist work who been in the game like 5yrs wipe the floor with 20yr in the game artists theres an apprn possision going down the road from me i no the so called 20yrs in the ind artist very well to but wooold i let him teach me no way not sayin im better but just dont think hes a good teacher and think personaly my work is on par with his i been doing it for about 1yr still no pro but i wouldnt say the "teacher by me is either,(and to rub salt into the wound he chargeing for his appreship lol) dont be put off by "pros" sayin this an tha bou apprentiships if u do want it bad enuff youl put the work in yourself and probley learn alot quicker as u wont have to mop the floor for the 1st year :thumbsup: in basic an appentiship is going to b shit if the teacher is shit also,best advice i cud give plenty piggy practice keep your "activitys" on the downlow dont tell every1 you tattooing untill you confident in what you doing and dont jump in deep end with a huge complicated peice stick with small simple designs your confident you can takle and im sure plenty of help from us all on here youl be well away in no time ;) bless:thumbsup::thumbsup: lmao soory abou the essay lol

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
I have simply answered a question asked from Daz, I didnÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t expect this, I ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…*€œm trying to help you people, not fall out with you, everybody keeps on about tattoos they have done at home and how they canÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t wait until they are tattooing skin, but to be a professional tattooist you must do things the Wright way, I have it in writing from AJ in Sheffield that it is illegal and I quote ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“ please be aware that tattooing at home without registration is illegal, even if itÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s only friends and family without money changing hands, this of course , only applies if you are tattooing the skinÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬* now just because some of you donÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t agree with this and donÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t like to hear it , doesnÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t mean itÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s not true, if you go to your browser and put the local government (miscellaneous provisions) act 1982 and go down to section 15 you will be able to read for yourself that unless you are registered it is illegal. I too canÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t wait until I can tattoo peopleÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s skin but I donÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t want my business to fail before it has begun just because of a few hundred pound to get registered, that would just be silly wouldnÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t it.

have you read,and understood and comprehended the miscellanous provistions(act) 1982??? if you havent or dont understand or comprehend it how do you even know its applicable to you ;) this 1 area that do kinda get my back up people quotein so called laws without even reading understanding and comprehend them not a dig at you dude 90% of the population the same, im going to assume you havent read it and comprehended it as you wouldnt of needed to ask ;) but an act of parliment is not "LAW" fact ;) bless

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn

Hi again Tony,
as I said earlier, I meant no offence. All I am trying to say is that the whole tat thing is rather ambiguous and open to different interpretation. Because there are no industry standards i.e. a recognised qualification, we are left to training through methods which in no other 'industry' would be remotely acceptable. Those with the knowledge are not keen to pass it on in the main, and others make a laughing stock out of we people who want to learn a craft. No wonder we all feel defensive. Anyhoo... sorry to have upset you:cool:

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
i honestly hope i havent offended any1 its wasnt my intention if i have :cool:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
i'm not upset

I'm not upset at all, i,m just trying to explain to people like Baz who are unsure about certain things like mobile tattooing and you don't need to be registered to be a tattooist that he has been misled, I'v been tattooing for about nine months and would be lying if I said that I hadn't tattooed skin on more than one person but I think it would be wrong if I didn't tell people the correct information, perhaps when you go to Sheffield you can say to AJ, who as been tattooing for over 20 years, you are wrong. Before I spent one single pound on equipment I researched tattooing and the health and safety aspect, to see if it was posable to work from home, and also to make sure I wasn't buying crap like some people do, but as far as being registered goes, I hate the thought of paying money for it but I think I would hate paying a fine more and then never being able to apply again, and james I wouldn’t of asked you to look at item 15 if I hadn’t read it and understood it.

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Im not even going to get involved with this one, but here is a great little piece of info regarding what the council etc, will require from you.
This is for Sheffield C.C, but all areas will be roughly the same requirements.
View attachment tattoo-sheff-gov.rar

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
WOW :cry: had some replies, wish i hadnt asked lol ;)

I feel there is a lot of confusion around this area, and i bet the debate will rumble on and on. :1

I visit a very well known registered tattooist in my area, spotless, displays all the health certs, however after a bit breaks off to have a smoke. ;) how many laws as he broke there????

Now this guys a pro nice studio, good reputation all the health certs but mention new people trying to enter the trade the barriers go up and were the worst thing since the poll tax. :cry:

This guy goes on and on about cross contamination as he puts on a new pair of gloves whilst he puffs on a benson and hedges.

I bet he is not the only registered tattooist with similar practices.

Anyway thanks for the replies and hope no one has been offended as we all want the same goal.:thumbsup:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
thanks for the info

Thanks for the information dave, it is actually backing up everything I said, going by what has been said today in this thread, people are getting confused in this area and need to read up on it , get as much information as possible so that at least they are aware of the problems they may be causing themselves, I do think that if you keep health and safety in mind at all times then you shouldnÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t have any problems, but you never know, as we all agree it is a hard enough trade to get into without having problems with the council.

regards
Tony

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Dont want to start world war 3 again :cry: but just found this artical which may put to bed certain grey areas

A woman has been hauled before court for running an illegal tattoo parlour in her kitchen and advertising for clients on Facebook.
Terri Jones, 27, was tattooing people in the kitchen of her terraced house in Salford despite not being properly trained or registered.
Investigators said her operation posed a serious public health risk.
She used a baby bottle steriliser to clean the tattoo gun and wrongly disposed of needles in a domestic bin at her home on Watson Street, Eccles.
Jones was hit with a *£400 bill after admitting health and safety breaches.
Salford councilÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s environmental health team discovered her set-up after a complaint from the public about a Facebook group ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…*€œTJ TatsÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢.
The site displayed more than 300 photos of tattooed people ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œ but there was no registered address.
Posing as customers, officers visited JonesÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s home in June last year and found the health and safety blunders.
They seized the tattooing equipment and found evidence of smoking in the room where tattooing was taking place.
The premises were not even legally registered as a tattoo shop.
In 2009, Jones had been warned by the council about having the correct documents but she denied she was tattooing.
She pleaded guilty to carrying out tattooing without registering herself, or the premises, and failing to ensure that the public were not exposed to health and safety risks.
She was ordered to pay costs of *£415 and was issued with an 18-month conditional discharge at Salford Magistrates Court.
An order was also granted for the tattooing equipment to be destroyed.
Coun Joe Murphy said: ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“This individual posed as a serious health risk to the public and was clearly not following the correct procedures.
ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“She had been warned that she needed to be registered to ensure she was complying with the ecessary standards but chose to ignore this.
ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“The action weÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢ve taken is to protect the public and we will continue to investigate those who choose to ignore the law.ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬*

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
thats all i was saying

Hi daz, this is all I was trying to say, this forum is a great place for information and I certainly make sure that I am right on a subject before I submit a reply, at least now it is there in black and white and people can make a choice weather to see the registration and the law as a block or they can choose to get registered and be able to run a legitimate business.

regards
Tony

barcode1973

Premium
First Name
Lee
Darren I mentioned a similair story in our local paper yesterday. Advertising on facebook and agreeing to tattoo people you do not know just asking for trouble obviously? I thought you said originally that the guy mentioned had a registered studio? If he is registered he must have the correct equipment for sterilization and if hes using fully disposable on his mobile then what is the problem? The law is all about the safety is it not? Unless I have misunderstood or misread bits he is not doing wrong surely? Good debate btw.

If the "Authoritys" visited my address they would find a freezer half full of pig skin 25 practice skins (pooh) fully disposable tubes grips needles etc, half decent machines and power supply, proper squeezy bottles labbelled and bagged etc blah blah blah all in a smoke free room. The only thing I haven't got is a sharps bin?
All these strories I hear are about people caught using ropey gear in a sh*thole and they get a slapped wrist and small fine. What could they do to me who is possibly cleaner than some regged studios?

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
Dont want to start world war 3 again :cry: but just found this artical which may put to bed certain grey areas

A woman has been hauled before court for running an illegal tattoo parlour in her kitchen and advertising for clients on Facebook.
Terri Jones, 27, was tattooing people in the kitchen of her terraced house in Salford despite not being properly trained or registered.
Investigators said her operation posed a serious public health risk.
She used a baby bottle steriliser to clean the tattoo gun and wrongly disposed of needles in a domestic bin at her home on Watson Street, Eccles.
Jones was hit with a *£400 bill after admitting health and safety breaches.
Salford councilÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s environmental health team discovered her set-up after a complaint from the public about a Facebook group ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…*€œTJ TatsÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢.
The site displayed more than 300 photos of tattooed people ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œ but there was no registered address.
Posing as customers, officers visited JonesÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s home in June last year and found the health and safety blunders.
They seized the tattooing equipment and found evidence of smoking in the room where tattooing was taking place.
The premises were not even legally registered as a tattoo shop.
In 2009, Jones had been warned by the council about having the correct documents but she denied she was tattooing.
She pleaded guilty to carrying out tattooing without registering herself, or the premises, and failing to ensure that the public were not exposed to health and safety risks.
She was ordered to pay costs of *£415 and was issued with an 18-month conditional discharge at Salford Magistrates Court.
An order was also granted for the tattooing equipment to be destroyed.
Coun Joe Murphy said: ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“This individual posed as a serious health risk to the public and was clearly not following the correct procedures.
ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“She had been warned that she needed to be registered to ensure she was complying with the necessary standards but chose to ignore this.
ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢*‚¬Å“The action weÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢ve taken is to protect the public and we will continue to investigate those who choose to ignore the law.ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬*

and so she should of been haulded into court useing a baby bottle sterilizer do not work for tattoo equipment and tattooing in her own kitchen that is nasty tbh and a facebook site "advertiseing" shows how much a retard she is the only thing that could b said abou "my setup" it aint "registerd" and i never will "register" my studio its "private"and look forward to a "judge" "ordering" me to pay fines or "ordering" the equip,ent be destroyed :thumbsup: as i also know were an order is "generated" there has to be a "bill" jus like when you go to macdonolds you place your order then you get the bill ;) this is called the "uniform commertial code" its the rule of commerse worldwide but like i said dont take my word for it seek the truth for yourself and yea you mite of read the "councils laws" but do you really comprehend them (legally speaking) ?????

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
it's best to beregistered

The reason he is doing wrong lee, is because you register the place you are tattooing from, not yourself, and so if you are mobile then this means you go to them, which means that the property that you go to will not be registered, even if he has registration it will be for another place.You may think that *£300 is not much money for a fine and community service, like i'v seen one person get, but if it is only *£200 to register then you are doing it right and saving money.

regards
Tony

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
It's around *£300 to reg the business - and it must be reg in every district in which you work - i.e. every council district if you are working mobile - so for eg. Durham =1, Ryedale=2, York=3 etc. so approx *£1000+ - you also have to have a personal reg which in my area is *£68. That info came from Richmond dist council last week. Basically onus is on you. If you work mobile in say a van (local guy has converted ambulance) this is his premises - but he still has to cover each district he may travel into with a sperate registration.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
spot on, the actual amount you pay depends on the borough you live in, they are all slightly different, but it will not be far off, and that is if you are using a van to work in, but some people think the same applies if you just use your van as transport to a clients house and do the work inside of the house, but it doesn't, I know a few mobile hairdressers but none of them work from inside of a van.

regards
Tony

Remove Ads

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
spot on, the actual amount you pay depends on the borough you live in, they are all slightly different, but it will not be far off, and that is if you are using a van to work in, but some people think the same applies if you just use your van as transport to a clients house and do the work inside of the house, but it doesn't, I know a few mobile hairdressers but none of them work from inside of a van.

regards
Tony

My dog groomer does LOL:p

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Yes, thats the point i'm trying to make,when people say they are a mobile tattooist, do they mean they work from inside of the van or use the van just as transport, two very different things.

Tony

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.