Testing of a New Machine on My Leg

dax172

Premium
First Name
Dan
i bought some jackhammer rotary machines and thought i would try them out on my leg.

i still have work to do on it, i need to do some black fill and shading out around the outside of the cog and some shading over the cog.

let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Patrick

Premium Gold
First Name
Patrick
Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum. That looks like a good tattoo especially as it's on your own leg. Do you always use rotary machines or both types, if so whcih do you prefer.

dax172

Premium
First Name
Dan
Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum. That looks like a good tattoo especially as it's on your own leg. Do you always use rotary machines or both types, if so whcih do you prefer.

thanks partick, i have a few on my legs now that i have done which i am happy with :)

i do use both rotary and coils, at the moment i am favouring rotary but thats cause i havent fully understood whats needed to tune a coil machine but from my rotary i prefer the RCA to clipcords, it allows a bit more freedom when moving and also the machines feel lighter, it just takes a while getting use to the different styles of how to use the machines.

what do you use?

khosmy

Premium
First Name
Edgar Valerio
Definitely like that red, really bright.
Have already talked to other people before about the jackhammer, most of people usually say the same thing, that it breaks easily, and can hardly be fixed. :(

Patrick

Premium Gold
First Name
Patrick
thanks partick, i have a few on my legs now that i have done which i am happy with :)

i do use both rotary and coils, at the moment i am favouring rotary but thats cause i havent fully understood whats needed to tune a coil machine but from my rotary i prefer the RCA to clipcords, it allows a bit more freedom when moving and also the machines feel lighter, it just takes a while getting use to the different styles of how to use the machines.

what do you use?

I use all coil machines and have 12 of them now all set up in 4 groups of 3, Liner Shader & colour packer. They are all different machines and all run slightly differently despite them being set up the same? I haven't used rotarys yet, but I am intending to buy a Stigma Hyper when I have the funds, I have read and heared some good things about them. I particulary like doing realism type tatts and think the rotarys would be better for soft shading. I use only clip cords because that's how my machines are set up, but again have heared that RCA is better, so will try this aswell.

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Nice mate! I have the Gears logo on the inside of my elbow, can't wait for Gears 3!

Awesome tattoo, I've never used a rotary myself. I bought a cheap one but the needle jumps around far too much so I shelved it.

frontosa

Premium
First Name
Steve
i bought some jackhammer rotary machines and thought i would try them out on my leg.

i still have work to do on it, i need to do some black fill and shading out around the outside of the cog and some shading over the cog.

let me know what you guys think, thanks.

what red ink is it ?