The Mag's Growing on Me.....

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
Took 2 hours using 5RL and 7M needles.....

First time properly using a mag.... Still don't like it, but it's growing on me.....

I think the top half is okay-ish, I believe I made a complete mess of the lower half though. Mainly going in way too dark on places it should of been lighter on, and I don't know what happened to the mouth. It doesn't look too bad on the skin, but it looks awful on the pictures......

Criticism more than welcome, it's only my second ever portrait so I know there's plenty of room for improvement......

Remove Ads

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
That aint bad at all man! Try cleaning it up really good with some green soap, I think it will look different. Then drop in some white and watch how good it looks!!!! Keep it up though, your getting there, and stick with them mags!!!!

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Michael

That's a good effort mate, and well done for sticking with the mags. As Viper says clean it up a bit and add white highlights and it will look a lot better. It's difficult on pig skin so don't be too hard on yourself. Since tattooing real skin I find pig skin horrible to work on especially if it's covered in slits like your piece.

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
Thanks guys, I did try cleaning it as best I could. I don't have green soap, but I tried normal soap, anti-bacterial soap, diluted dettol, neat dettol and even tried lighter fluid (obviously, I wouldn't use this on humans), but nothing would get that skin clean....... The ink stain is in the fat where the skin has peeled away and stuck in the slits...... In the end I gave up cleaning it, took a picture and chucked it.....

I even gave myself a right shock when I went over a particularly thin bit of pig skin, managing to go through the pig skin and into my thigh leaving a nice little line on my leg. On closer inspection, that bit was only one layer of skin thick......

I really need some better quality skin, but don't have any decent butchers round here :icon_frown:..... I may just use my own leg next time, do something small and see how that turns out......

Brizobear

Premium
Media
First Name
brian
Not bad at all m8.. I was the same a few months ago about the mags.. Now i freakin love them....

Keep it up.

Bri:icon_mrgreen:

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
@Viper....

I didn't want to derail your other thread (with the lantern), but something you mentioned in it may be where I'm going wrong in my tattoos......

You mentioned that you have to work dark to red in colours, but light to dark in grey wash. I've been working dark to light in both. I feel like a right tit for only realising that now, it could of saved alot of mistakes. I'll try again using the proper method and post it up (and re-read the manual:eek:)....

Thankyou :icon_mrgreen:......