Thickness of Lines

callumgeorge

Premium
First Name
george
hi need a bit of help or advice if need to do a thick line what should I use, a 7 rl then go over it to make it thicker or can you get a bigger size to do this

Remove Ads

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi pual you can either run 2 lines side by side and fill in inbetween or you can get liner grouping right up to 18rl that wil do the job to it jus depends on what your doing tbh mate ;) hope this helps

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
There are various ways to do it depending on the thickness of the line you want. I either run 2 lines next to each other or run the line in small tight circles.
This can be done with any size needles.

inkstylus

Premium
First Name
Martin
are you a premium member? if you are download the reinventing the tattoo book theres some great info there about diffrent lining techniques like what the lads are talking about but in a bit more detail

hacedms

Premium
First Name
Lucas
are you a premium member? if you are download the reinventing the tattoo book theres some great info there about diffrent lining techniques like what the lads are talking about but in a bit more detail
Hi, where can I find the book?

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
There is a link that says premium...or if you’re on your phone it’s in the drop down menu on the left

hacedms

Premium
First Name
Lucas
There is a link that says premium...or if you’re on your phone it’s in the drop down menu on the left
Thanks, I have been to premium. There are only 2 positions there. Manual and some photo editor.

troub1edsou1z

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Tom
I'd suggest building your lines with smaller groupings, like 5rl, 7rl, 9rl depending how thick you want your lines. There is no "one way" of doing this. You can run a line side by side, make tight circles and build your thickness (scumbling), run 2 lines and fill inbetween. The problem with bigger liners is they are condensed and it takes a lot more volts to push them in. You def need a machine that will push them and you'll have to speed your hand up, otherwise you're just going to chew up the skin very fast.