Throat Tattooing

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
G'day all,
My housemate is keen for a large tattoo on his throat, extending down to the top of his chest. I've heard from some people that it can be difficult, and when I was working in a shop I was told not to tattoo throats until I was pro. I'm still a long way from considering myself pro, but I wanted to do this one. Any advice on tattooing these areas?

Cheers,
Steve

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
G'day all,
My housemate is keen for a large tattoo on his throat, extending down to the top of his chest. I've heard from some people that it can be difficult, and when I was working in a shop I was told not to tattoo throats until I was pro. I'm still a long way from considering myself pro, but I wanted to do this one. Any advice on tattooing these areas?

Cheers,
Steve
hi you have to watch out when tattooing the front of the throat and watch to make sure it duznt swell up to much or they can have breathing problems the sides of the throat are fine ,the throat is just like tattooing under the arm i here in nz we tattoo faces and necks all the time for the moari people

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
hi you have to watch out when tattooing the front of the throat and watch to make sure it duznt swell up to much or they can have breathing problems the sides of the throat are fine ,the throat is just like tattooing under the arm i here in nz we tattoo faces and necks all the time for the moari people
Cheers for the advice mate! I'll turn the machines down a little and work off the needle. I'll try to under-shade and do it in multiple sessions so I don't cause any problems!