December drawing contest now active! Here

Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Time to speak

First Name
Allen
Instagram
hellhoundkustoms
I actually joined a couple weeks ago and have been reading daily. I figured I should probably actually open my mouth and introduce myself. I've always been one to learn through observation and research rather than questioning and discussion (Something I try to work on).

Anyway, I've been an artist my whole life, but have had several breaks due to life. I actually started adventuring into tattooing in my teens and got an "apprenticeship" early on where I learned a whole lot of what not to do and quit after a few months when I found the owner doing drugs in the shop. From there I screwed up a few friends while fighting some other issues and gave it up.

Since then I took up a career in Information Technology and ventured into custom leatherwork satisfy my art. Well, the technology career is literally killing me now and I need to do something I enjoy. I've always wanted to live on creating. I never thought I'd go back to the idea of tattooing though. A recent loss in our family changed that by sending me on a long thought process that eventually led me to pick it up again.

So, here I am, refurbing my old "Kraplan" coil and practicing basic line/shading techniques until I feel good enough to even consider moving past practice skin. In the meantime I'm also trying to switch my art brain around from my style of leather designs and realist art to tattoo flash that people in my area enjoy.

Here's a sheet I was working on over the weekend.

GardenFlash_03.jpg

Remove Ads Close

RustDeamon

Premium
First Name
Erick
and as Andy mentioned a lot of people have walked away and come back, I took a 16 year hiatus after a lousy apprenticeship and went on to do other things now i'm back learning (and so much has changed in equipment and even aftercare int hat time) it's like learning from scratch all over again.

First Name
Allen
Instagram
hellhoundkustoms
Thanks everyone. It's good to have some drive back in me.

First Name
Allen
Instagram
hellhoundkustoms
nice shading in that snakes head.
Thanks David. It would need to be darkened up quite a bit on flesh. I'm also readjusting to color pencil work after several years. Most of my work is charcoal or leather dye so I'm getting the feel for layering it without losing my values.