P Today's Effort (and It Was an Effort!)

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Hi all,
Picked my machines back up for the first time in 3 weeks, had a mate who needed a tribal re colouring, there is a guy locally who charges for work and he does a right bodge job .... so i have plenty of practice re work ;) anyway ran into a slight problem and i was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it for me?...

I re lined using a 7RL, hands were shaking like a shitting dog (not nerves as i felt very at ease, plus he is a mate)
I powerlined using a 9RL so the shaky first line thickend out nicely.....
I then packed with the 14RS and the ink would NOT flow??? i had to work the skin for a bit and then the ink would flow out of the tube

I was using a 3 machine set up, and the ink problem really got me thinking why would it do this?? I was using Talens Ink and the machines would only run nice at around 14-15v! I have been told by a pro to run a coil machine so it sounds like an angry bee......?????? and 14-15v sounded right. I may give my stealth rotary's ago next time

Can someone put my mind at ease please? My mate was chuffed, he got a tattoo reworked for free and i got some practice

Cheers
Steve

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi Steve...
Firstly,did you have the correct tip for a 14rs needle ?? might have been a bit tight.
Secondly...running a machine at 14-15 volts is way to high...a shader should be run at around 8-9 volts...if you had to run your machines that high,i would say they need re-tuning.

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
As Mark says, possibly the tip or tight bands, but to me it sounds like you need to strip the machine back and have a good play with the setup. Maybe the coils need shimming, or the usual is a knackered capacitor.
At 14v, it sounds like it will get a nice crusty scab. :icon_cheesygrin:

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Thank you both for the advice, I think i will stick to my Stealth's

Thanks again
Steve