P Too Much Ink

Hkdupcivic

Premium
First Name
Brian
Hello everyone. New to the game and I have a question. I always seem to get too much ink in the needle tube when im tattooing which makes it a pain to see my stencil while I'm working. Is there a rule of thumb of how to get enough ink in the tube without having to stop and get more ink every 3 seconds?

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi brian
i jus dip the tip and wipe the excess from the outside of the tip, just to keep it nice and clean, 1 dip usualy alows for a fair line, you dont want to do a 1 line thats 12" long in 1 pass, that would be done with maybe 2 lines ;)

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi brian
i jus dip the tip and wipe the excess from the outside of the tip, just to keep it nice and clean, 1 dip usualy alows for a fair line, you dont want to do a 1 line thats 12" long in 1 pass, that would be done with maybe 2 lines ;)
p.s thats 1 dip wipe the excess off (kind of pinch the tip with tissue)-becareful not to stab yourself you will know wah i mean by "pinch the tip ;) i hope lol and no running the machine (for noobs guns ;) ) when you dip the ink ;) hope this help you dude bless

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Also,do not run the machine when dipping into the ink,that way you do not suck up to much ink...:icon_wink:

Hkdupcivic

Premium
First Name
Brian
Thanks for the help ill definitely try that...i am new at this and every video I see on youtube shows em running the machine in the ink. Now that I think about it that's probably the reason I'm getting way too much ink... again thanks

Deziner

The Bitch!
Premium
First Name
Claire
Also dont forget to get a nice tension on your bands. If you find it is spitting ink all over, pull on the bands slightly from the rear of the machine, and if it stops spraying, turn the volts down and tension the bands.