Totally Screwed Up (just Pig Skin!!)

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Wanted to tattoo last night, but couldn't get inspiration.. ended up tattooing LeeLoo from fifth element on some pig skin. Wasn't feeling it right from word go, the stencil didn't take at all, and instead of just doing something different like a bit of flash, I just went ahead. Totally screwed it up! Wish I hadn't started and for the first time I did a tattoo I wasn't at least a little happy with. This put me on a right downer.
I should of done her in my usual style (I have found my little comfort zone you see) at least when the stencil didn't take, but figured it'd all come out ok in the end. It didn't. Wasted too much time doing something that just wasn't working for me.
Booooooooo!!!!!!!!!:icon_evil:

This is my rant, just to get it off my chest. My own fault. I really thought I could do this until last night when my judgement was SO wrong.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
You probably needed this to happen, no harm done but in real life if the stencil didn't take and you had done the same thing, it would have been a messed up tattoo, you should of started again, I noticed on the last piggy practice you where not happy with the shading, well instead of doing a full tattoo why don't you just practice your shading or areas that you know need improving.
I don't know what you use to put the stencil on with but on your last one it seemed to wet to me, if you are not using dettol then just give it a try, put it on and let it go a bit sticky before you put your stencil on.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Thanks for the sound advice mate! The last stencil was fine, this just wasn't happening. I'd of never attempted to tattoo someone without the stencil! I'm not at that stage anyhow.
I think this was a bit of a wake up call for me to not be so relaxed and assume it'll work out ok. I need to have another go at something tonight to get me back on track.
I lacked inspiration last night, I may just try some flash tonight just to see how I get on.
Cheers pal.

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Chin up Steve

I have been there myself a few times but learned from it each time as you will. That's why we practice on pig skin until we gain enough confidence and knowledge.
Tony mentioned practicing shading rather than the whole tattoo, I still do this fairly often and it has really helped. Sometimes I might just do three or four pigskins one after the other but only do the outline, then freeze them again and colour / shade them another day. Whatever as long as you practice regulary it will work.:icon_biggrin: