Tracing Paper

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob
Hi all i was wondering what is best to use ? actual A4 pieces of tracing paper or is it ok to use greaseproof/baking paper on rolls. And is there actually any difference? :1

Cheers. Rob.

barcode1973

Premium
First Name
Lee
I have bought normal tracing paper and tried to re use the carbon paper with it and found it just wasnt as good as the spirit carbon paper and tracing paper provided with it. Normal tracing/grease proof is much thicker it seems and need a much firmer tracing to acieve half the result of the spirit paper plus its stiffer and doesnt stick to the skin as well. I have done 20 x a4 sheets of stencils now and its defo worth getting the spirit paper ones in my opinion.

I do normal tracing paper for piggy transfers but I have binned loads of complicated ones that took ages after they transfered so poorly so I would not use them for anything other than simple designs. Have a try you will see what I mean.

You can get the spirit paper from most suppliers I think I paid *£13 for 20 sheets but i've seen it cheaper now.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi all i was wondering what is best to use ? actual A4 pieces of tracing paper or is it ok to use greaseproof/baking paper on rolls. And is there actually any difference? :1

Cheers. Rob.
personally i don't use tracing paper for transfers,i find it to stiff,it doesn't mold itself to the contours of the body,i use greaseproof paper...big roll from Wilkinson store is only *£1 & its nice & thin.;)

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
For me I use the paper I printed the design on. Just trace over the design with the hecto behind it, job done. Helps me line up the design aswell as you can see the finished product on the front when locating it on the body. Also means you only have to trace it once aswell.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
For me I use the paper I printed the design on. Just trace over the design with the hecto behind it, job done. Helps me line up the design aswell as you can see the finished product on the front when locating it on the body. Also means you only have to trace it once aswell.
ha ha,i do this to ( if its quite a flat part of the body) anything to make life easy.:)