First Name
Patrick
hi again guys,

need info on doing tribals,
1/ whats the best voltage to be at??
2/ what timing gap is better

cheers guys:icon_cheesygrin:
Hi Brian

It really depends on the size of the tribal and how detailed it is. For a tribal on the top of your arm I normally use a 5 or 7 liner needle at approx 7.5v and then use my shader with a 9rs or 9 mag, depending on width of the lines I might use an 11 or 13 mag and at approx 7 -8 volts. However it does depend on the size of the needle being used as well as your power supply and machine. One of my shaders runs great at 6-6.5v where another one runs better at 7 -7.5.So it's a bit of trial and error. I currently use Talens black ink for Tribals but I am going to try "One" on my next tatt as I have heared some good reports on it from this site. If I could give one piece of advice with tribals "based on my own experience" it is to take your time and make sure you get the ink into the skin first time, if you go to fast (which is easy to do because you have a lot to fiil in) it will end up patchy and you may end up overworking the area.

Brizobear

Premium
Media
First Name
brian
Hi Brian

It really depends on the size of the tribal and how detailed it is. For a tribal on the top of your arm I normally use a 5 or 7 liner needle at approx 7.5v and then use my shader with a 9rs or 9 mag, depending on width of the lines I might use an 11 or 13 mag and at approx 7 -8 volts. However it does depend on the size of the needle being used as well as your power supply and machine. One of my shaders runs great at 6-6.5v where another one runs better at 7 -7.5.So it's a bit of trial and error. I currently use Talens black ink for Tribals but I am going to try "One" on my next tatt as I have heared some good reports on it from this site. If I could give one piece of advice with tribals "based on my own experience" it is to take your time and make sure you get the ink into the skin first time, if you go to fast (which is easy to do because you have a lot to fiil in) it will end up patchy and you may end up overworking the area.

hey patrick,
cheers for that m8 what i mean about voltage is, is it better for the machine to be running slow

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
hey patrick,
cheers for that m8 what i mean about voltage is, is it better for the machine to be running slow
If you want a solid fill which is normal for tribal I would run at the same speed approx as when lining because this helps pack the colour in. For shading I would run the machine slower.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
your machine should be harder hitting than your liner with having more needles to push into the skin, also very important make sure you stretch the skin as much as possible, if the skin is not stretched the needles just bounce and the ink will not go in.