Tribal Ink Help

Brizobear

Premium
Media
First Name
brian
hey guys,
can anyone tell me whats the best ink for tribal?

cheers. bri:icon_lol:

Remove Ads

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
For me Talens ink is the best black you can buy. Bit expensive but worth it.

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi for tribal fill i use a brand called "one" but its only for blocking in tribal

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I agree with James......."ONE" ink is ink for tribal.:icon_cheesygrin:

Mattcesario

Premium
First Name
Matthew cesario
hey buddy, i just switched to eternals tribal black and i ****in looooovvvveee it!

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
I love Intenze!! They do a strong black pigment for tribal! mucho *£ tho!

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
I know this might sound a bit "off thread subject" but I'm asking as it is related. As stupid as it may sound, but do you use the same Black for outlining and filling a Tribal, Or two different Black? The only reason I'm asking is because I saw a black ink on a website and it says...

"Please Note: DO NOT outline with this ink."

So that left me scratching my head a bit.

Thanks

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
I know this might sound a bit "off thread subject" but I'm asking as it is related. As stupid as it may sound, but do you use the same Black for outlining and filling a Tribal, Or two different Black? The only reason I'm asking is because I saw a black ink on a website and it says...

"Please Note: DO NOT outline with this ink."

So that left me scratching my head a bit.

Thanks
not off subject to me dude ;) you are correct you can use 1 type of black for lining then anther specificaly mixed for "filling" tho this is not nessiserray, i use this method i just personally get better results using this method, if i correct the "filling" ink has a much higher pigment concentration- that along with a tight grouping of needles pushing a high level of pigment into a real small spot isnt good hope this helps dude ;) bless

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
not off subject to me dude ;) you are correct you can use 1 type of black for lining then anther specificaly mixed for "filling" tho this is not nessiserray, i use this method i just personally get better results using this method, if i correct the "filling" ink has a much higher pigment concentration- that along with a tight grouping of needles pushing a high level of pigment into a real small spot isnt good hope this helps dude ;) bless
Oh I see, so bad idea to use on a line because of the higher level of pigment. If this is the case, (where a different ink is used for the fill) would the outline appear different from the fill? Or am I just thinking to much on it now :). Thanks for sorting that for me...

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
Oh I see, so bad idea to use on a line because of the higher level of pigment. If this is the case, (where a different ink is used for the fill) would the outline appear different from the fill? Or am I just thinking to much on it now :). Thanks for sorting that for me...
the outline wont appear any different ;) ,i dont think your thinking to much into its good you thinking and asking ;) im not sure about were your at in your journey but maybe help to you anyhow,,,, i use the biggest liner i can when i line out tribal, this makes it easier to get a fill up to the line, then i use either the biggest round shading group i can or mag2s to fill and still keep the technuice at small tight circles, u can turn the mags on there side also so 1 needle chasses another but be verrrrrry careful you can "slice" the skin verry easy hope thi help :D bless

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Thanks so much for that. Much clearer on that now. I'm not overly far on my Journey but getting there. Every bit of information is helpful and always good to know.

CherryBamboo

Basic
First Name
Jason
the outline wont appear any different ;) ,i dont think your thinking to much into its good you thinking and asking ;) im not sure about were your at in your journey but maybe help to you anyhow,,,, i use the biggest liner i can when i line out tribal, this makes it easier to get a fill up to the line, then i use either the biggest round shading group i can or mag2s to fill and still keep the technuice at small tight circles, u can turn the mags on there side also so 1 needle chasses another but be verrrrrry careful you can "slice" the skin verry easy hope thi help :D bless
very true on the "i use the biggest liner i can when i line out tribal, this makes it easier to get a fill up to the line"

as it doest matter iether as its a tribal and going to all filled in, also it tends to easyier to outline with a thicker grouping needle as to a smaller grouping if yourl a bit wobbly still.

thanks