Tribal Started (4th Tat)

bdahyrt

Premium
First Name
Rick
Started this tribal tonight, wasn't too crazy about doing a tribal, but figured it would be good line practice, and i need to try a tribal sooner or later, wouldve worked on it more but he had to work late today. Any tips for filling these suckers in? I was trying a 7M2(stacked mag) for the fill and starbrite tribal black/ bloodline all purpose black inks. I wasn't getting a good fill. I figured next session i would just go with a 7R up to the lines and 14R for the large areas. Also, i did the spot lower on his arm, and got a good fill down there. Different skin thickness? This is also part of a coverup

IMG_1219.jpg

For some reason some of the lines look funky in this photo on the pc, but look pretty smooth in person and even on my camera?

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Looking nice. Yeah it's always good practice. When I did my tribal I started to fill with a round but struggled with it. When we did the second session I decided to use the mag. So much smoother and quicker. So, personally I'd stick with the mag. Remember not to go too fast or it'll get patchy. You could always use a smaller round for any edges that got missed... :)

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Got to be honest i've never been a fan of tribal, however (must be my age :icon_rolleyes: ) i am warming to some of it ! Nice lines & when it's finished it will be a good tat :icon_wink:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
the tat is looking great and I would try to stick with the mag, it is not as easy as you think it would be at first but you will get it if you keep at it, also if he is a friend and doesn't mind sitting for a bit longer you can practise a bit of shading, just whip shading inside of the design sort of away from the points and then cover it over after, thats how I improved my shading, you can always ask him.