Tribute Cross for Jonturbo

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
This is a practice go on synthetic skin of a cross i've drawn up for member Jonturbo who wants me to tattoo him this weekend. I still haven't actually tattooed human skin yet (I keep putting it off), so quite nervous. I'd like feedback on this design as there are parts i'm not 100% happy with. It looks simple but it's a bitch to do due to the straight lines of the cross. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always.

photo.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Remove Ads

gadsden1776

Premium
First Name
n
looks good to me. symmetry, balance, etc... all look good.

the 1 thing i think u should mind is the composition of the lettering. make sure each letter is equally spaced & that the slant/direction of each letter is the same. in this piece, the very 1st thing i noticed when i opened the picture is the "y" is significantly out of parallel with the other letters. Notice how the RIP is really parallel? the slant should be equal to the slant on the banner.

just my 2 cents.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
looks good to me. symmetry, balance, etc... all look good.

the 1 thing i think u should mind is the composition of the lettering. make sure each letter is equally spaced & that the slant/direction of each letter is the same. in this piece, the very 1st thing i noticed when i opened the picture is the "y" is significantly out of parallel with the other letters. Notice how the RIP is really parallel? the slant should be equal to the slant on the banner.

just my 2 cents.
Looks great, basically the same comments as this...Otherwise go for it!!!!

jonturbo

Premium
First Name
jon
looking really good mate, loking forward to having it on me! Just need to sort out where i want it going to be on my arm either left or right

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Yeah, it's the lettering I wasn't happy with. It was actually the RIP position I wasn't happy with, but I guess I need to look at it all. Thanks!

frontosa

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
looks good,but i would slant the D backwards a bit as it looks to upright.
the Y is too close to the D and too much gap between the Y & the S.
also the P in r.i.p is slanted forword and the R & I look upright so i would put the P upright like the other 2 letters.

over all it looks good,take your time and it will turn out fine.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Yep, all the writing was done freehand. Im going to Redo all the lettering on a new stencil. Appreciate the fault spotting though. Sometimes you spend so long looking at something you can't see the obvious stuff. Ta!

Premium
First Name
micky
Really solid stuff pal! I really like your line work ect.
I struggle getting a nice shade in this fake skin, you useing Mags or Rounds?

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
A bit of both. I used a 3rl to line with, although I reckon I'll use a 5rl on skin. Then a 5rs for shading the lettering and a 7 mag for the rest.

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Great work as always - cant wait to see the finished piece.:icon_biggrin:

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Mate how do i put this ....... stop fOOking around & get the tattoo done ! You obviously have talent ( i'd vote for you !) & look forward to seeing the finished product ! :icon_cool:

gadsden1776

Premium
First Name
n
Yep, all the writing was done freehand. Im going to Redo all the lettering on a new stencil. Appreciate the fault spotting though. Sometimes you spend so long looking at something you can't see the obvious stuff. Ta!
thats the truth right there.

i don't know about u but i have yet to make a perfect piece of art (pencil, brush, airbrush, tattoo, what ever)... pointing out the "faults" not only improves your art - but anyone else's that is looking/reading. they/we can see what others miss & visa versa.

chances are everyone on this forum is at least a decent artist... not pointing out each others flaws, mistakes, what evers is a disservice to each other imo. at the same time expressing the parts that are good is important too.

when is this piece gonna be in the skin? can't wait to see it.