P Types of water for tattooing

Mucknasty

Premium
First Name
Michael
WIN_20200614_09_33_51_Pro.jpg
Can you use de-ionized water instead of distilled for any use in the tattoo process. My concern is that it says in the small print " not suitable for medical devices" I know the process of how both are made and that distilled is slightly more pure form of water...(other brands are available).

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
Is the water where tou live bad? Ill typically use bottled watter or filtered water. Most of the guys in the shops around here do the same from what ive seen. Ive heard of people using distilled but have honestly never seen anyone buy it to use it. I guess if you are in a country where the water isnt clean then that makes sense.

Anyways de ionized just means its literally stripped of all the minerals, never used it for anything other then refilling batteries and some if it ended up in the water bottles at work to drink. I dont think it would hurt to tattoo with.

Torb

Premium
Media
First Name
Torbjorn
Funny this thread started. I have just been thinking of the same thing. I need to thin down my inks before tattooing. (In the cap not the bottle) is tap water ok?

Mucknasty

Premium
First Name
Michael
I guess its fine.... I didn't think about any cuts and running under tap water.. I'll still use either distilled or deironized just want to keep any chance of infection down, also might try witch hazel....thanks guys. I might have a few more questions soon since a friend has asked me to finish a tattoo he had started many years ago and never got it finished. It'll be my first go on someone other than myself...I'll put some pics of it on soon...

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I only use distilled water. Feels better to have a bottle of distilled water if the clients see it, than a bottle from the super market.

Torb

Premium
Media
First Name
Torbjorn
I only use distilled water. Feels better to have a bottle of distilled water if the clients see it, than a bottle from the super market.
Hej Malin. Where do you buy your distilled water? The Apotek down here doesn't have any. They didn't even have medical alcohol. Totally sold out due to the corona virus.

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Hej Malin. Where do you buy your distilled water? The Apotek down here doesn't have any. They didn't even have medical alcohol. Totally sold out due to the corona virus.
As I'm not tattooing since Corona broke out, I haven't really needed to buy any. However, as I still tattoo my family, I bought 2 bottles of distilled water a couple of weeks ago, and that was no problem. But maybe it's different here in Stockholm than where you live.

But you do know they're not on the shelves out in the store? You have to ask for it.

Maybe it would be different if you ordered it online? 🤔

Torb

Premium
Media
First Name
Torbjorn
As I'm not tattooing since Corona broke out, I haven't really needed to buy any. However, as I still tattoo my family, I bought 2 bottles of distilled water a couple of weeks ago, and that was no problem. But maybe it's different here in Stockholm than where you live.

But you do know they're not on the shelves out in the store? You have to ask for it.

Maybe it would be different if you ordered it online? 🤔
Yes I asked. They said sold out. Might have to order online. I did see Biltema sells distilled water to use in car batteries but I'm a little bit apprehensive about using it.

Torb

Premium
Media
First Name
Torbjorn
what harm do the minerals naturally found in water do your skin?? Maybe i"m missing something.
Probably right. Though I suppose if you mix it with ink you are injecting it under the skin rather than just wiping with it. Some water is chlorinated or contains fluoride depending on where you live. I'm way out in the country with a well. For all I know there could be dead rats floating around down there 😬😊

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I wouldn't use water from Biltema. And I would definitely not use the water from that godforsaken place you live in. Will turn ya'll into aliens 😂

hdlc

Premium
Media
First Name
henry
I premixed a 50/50 solution of bottled water you drink and glycerin to dilute my wash.