Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Update Upcoming Changes & Software Version Upgrades

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
If you found an error on the site earlier today, we would like to apologise.
We have started testing of the software update in the testing area of the site and the new installation threw the database slightly.
As stated previously in a different thread, the forum software will include quite a few new or updated features, including increased page loading and extra functionality.
Additional features will include:
  • Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers ( You will get notifications on your pc and also on your mobile or tablet. Same sort of thing you get with Facebook etc.)
  • Post Reactions instead of just the like function (Post reactions will show a set of icons instead of just a simple like button. Funny, happy, sad, smile, thumbs up.)
  • URL unfurling in posts (Shows a snippet from links posted instead of just a web address. Basically a few lines from the page you link to in a nice pretty box.)
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access (Use smileys/emojis from your mobile in messages, instead of just the ones we specify on the forum.)
  • Video uploads (Upload videos into your posts. This will be resource intensive, so may be disabled to start with.)
  • Content bookmarking and sharing (Allows you to bookmark your favourite posts so they can be easily navigated to in the future.)
More will be added as we introduce things.
We will try to keep the appearance of the site as it is, but may have slight changes.
When the changeover is due to take place, we will give warning in advance , as we may be offline for a couple of hours whilst we migrate the database.

The software fees are due for renewal on the 21st January 2019, so it will be a week or so afterwards when the changes will take place.
Donations always welcome;)
donationstitchedbutton.png
Thankyou x

Last edited:

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
I don't understand what some of the improvements mean, but the ones I do understand sounds like good improvements Lucy :giggle:(y)

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
I don't understand what some of the improvements mean, but the ones I do understand sounds like good improvements Lucy :giggle:(y)
Sorry for being a little vague in the earlier post.
First post updated (y)
If there is anything else you would like to see, please let us know. We are always looking for ways to improve.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Sorry for being a little vague in the earlier post.
First post updated (y)
If there is anything else you would like to see, please let us know. We are always looking for ways to improve.
I don't know if it's me, or if there doesn't exist a way to link to threads here on the forum? At least I never found a way to do that. I mean linking to a thread from this forum, in another thread on this forum :)

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
You would probably need to copy and paste the thread address from the web address bar.
To link to a specific post, then you would press and hold or right click on the #5 or whatever number the post is in the tool bar above each post.
We will look a simplifying this in the future.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
You would probably need to copy and paste the thread address from the web address bar.
To link to a specific post, then you would press and hold or right click on the #5 or whatever number the post is in the tool bar above each post.
We will look a simplifying this in the future.

Aaah yes!! Clicking on ie #5 works! :D (y) Copying the thread address is more problematic as I don't see any - that's what I would have done otherwise. This is on my phone - I'm always on my phone, never computer or iPad.

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
For the complete thread url, if you scroll to the bottom of the posts, you will see a link icon. That should work now.
20190127_222222.jpg

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
The first lot of changes have taken place more smoothly than we thought. The features in the first post have been implemented as Well as the software upgrades.
If you would like to get push notifications when other users react to your content, you need to allow them when prompted. If push is turned off on your mobile, you will need to allow it.
If you change your mind in the future, settings are in your control panel.
Reading the developer notes, this is not yet available on Apple devices due to them having a closed system. If there are any updates on this we will let you know.
Have a browse around and find the little tweaks like bookmarking and sharing content, post likes and reactions and more on the way.
Just cosmetic changes in the next few days to iron out any template change bugs.
As always, let us know if anything looks a little strange. Enjoy!

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Daryl
Started having problems viewing thumbnails again ,not sure why but most annoying :cry:

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
Started having problems viewing thumbnails again ,not sure why but most annoying :cry:
Strange. Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser?
Maybe it's worth installing a different browser like
We can't seem to replicate the problem.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Wouldnt it be nice if i could just click the Donator sign on my profile when i want to donate? Now i have to look for the place where i can donate.