Vains

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Im in my early stages of learning the art of tattooing, and I often sit and think about lots of different things and one thing has popped into my head like a hammer. Mainly because a friend of mine has said I could practice on him. Now the design is done and the area is picked. He wants it around his forearm, which is fine, I don't mind But then I got thinking. Some people have a fair amount of sticking out vains going on. Are they ok to go over? I'm guessing they are, but I just want to double check on that little hammer thats going on in my head...

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
The 'VAIN'S'lol have the same amount of skin covering them as any other area on the body as far as i know:icon_cheesygrin:

schwartzy

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Rachel
I was wondering about this too as I have a couple of people who want me to do tattoos on the insides of their wrists where the veins look very close to the surface. Is there any particularly good position for the arm to be in when tattooing this area?

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
I was wondering about this too as I have a couple of people who want me to do tattoos on the insides of their wrists where the veins look very close to the surface. Is there any particularly good position for the arm to be in when tattooing this area?
I have done quie a few wrists lately and have found the best position is when they lay on their backs and rest their lower arm on a support stand. Sitting up is also ok as long as they have their arm supported. And don't worry about veins, although they look like they are very close to your needle, I have have never had a problem, but I must admit the first few times I made sure that my needle was very shallow.

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
I have 4 tats on my wrist an my for arms are loaded with Tats so veins I beleave are not a problem. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Ed :icon_cool: