Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Vaseline/ointment

First Name
Jack
Hey!
So I was wondering. What is better to use vaseline or ointment during process? For now I'm going to practise on fake skin, but I would love to know what works better on real skin and also on fake skin. And if using vaseline what brand/kind should I use?

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
on fake skin coconut oil every time. @MalligaMallan will agree im sure.. Vaseline is too thick and will clog the needle too..As for ointment when tattooing use any good tattoo butter will be ok..everyone on here has a personal preference. personally i use penny black

AtlantaNate

Premium
First Name
Nathan
I've used Hustle Butter, Vaseline, A&D and Inkeeze Green Glide and I think I like Green Glide the best. Hustle Butter is too expensive and melts but smells great, I use it on my healing and healed tattoos. Green Glide is petroleum based which I would rather it not be but it doesn't melt, smells good, is thinner that Vaseline and A&D and it is pretty cheap. Vaseline and A&D are just a little thicker than I would like but are the cheapest

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
@ribul is right, cold pressed coconut oil so much better on fake skin, and doesn't clog the needles. On human skin I use Hustle Butter, doesn't melt for me. Love it, and smells great :) Green Glide is as good, but petroleum based as @AtlantaNate mentions, therefore I don't use it. Like someone else said - it's usually a matter of personal preference.

troub1edsou1z

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Tom
I use vasoline while im tattooing. it's cheap and does the job. If you use right, you don't need to worry about clogging needles. I've used A&D, Aquaphor, hustle butter, redemption and they all work. It's a preference really.

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
i've just started using penny black, can't tell much difference to vaseline, but it was worth getting just for the smell!