December drawing contest now active! Here

Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

VOLTAGE on my Rotary Machine

First Name
Chloe
hey just curious as to what you all have your voltage set on for lining, i have the dragon hawk rotary machine and lately it seems like my machine is either too fast or too slow!!! any suggestions...I NEED HELP

Dazza

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Daryl
There are no magic numbers ,basically your machin will just produce dots so you have to make it fast enough that when you try to draw a line the dots all join up ,9 volts is a good start point ,bare in mind your manufactures recommendations for the max volts or your motor will,overheat

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
Instagram
@dzikichrzan
think like that: voltage vs hand speed vs needles grouping I would say... so 9rl i do with 8.5 up to slightly over 9 maybe, then 3 rl i want to have around 5.7-7 sometimes, ( i move quite slow) all depends on your preferences really. If you move your hand faster, speed up the mashine, move hand slover with this same speed and you have a cut, but probably i just telliny you something what you already know

Driley

Basic
First Name
Dianne
Totally depends on the machine....I run my fk iron at 8.5 but tried a coworkers pen the other day and had to set it to 6!

First Name
Elisha
I think there are many contributing factors to think about with lining.

Firstly, whatever you feel comfortable with and what you feel does a good job! Which will come with time.
You also want to take into consideration the amount of needles in the group- the more there are the more pressure you will need to apply etc, so when I have a larger group I tend to put the voltage up a little bit...

Sorry I couldn't be of much help! I dont really use a dragon hawk so I can't really say what the sweet spot is:/