voltage range for color packing?

First Name
Brian
just a general question with no one seems to be really answering. I usually line at 7.5 -8.1 voltage, but still confused on color packing. So should the color packing voltage be the same as my line voltage or will it better to run the machine a lil slower?

KyleBl4ck

Premium
Media
First Name
Kyle
MrSinister2099
just a general question with no one seems to be really answering. I usually line at 7.5 -8.1 voltage, but still confused on color packing. So should the color packing voltage be the same as my line voltage or will it better to run the machine a lil slower?
Depends on the machine, the stroke, and their skin.

I run mine around 9.8 to 10.4 but I also use a FK Irons so it may be a bit different. At 9.8 to 10.4, you better get the color in first pass or not even bother.

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
Slower voltage for your color packing is what i would advise. How less is up to your liking and experience.
Less skin trauma, and more time to fill than while lining.
Do a little area, then move to another, fill tiny areas one after the other.
The movement can vary from people to people, i'm into little circles.
I end by looking at less saturated places and it should be done.

Edit: I use a rotary (Cf Cybertrasher)
Peace,

DKJ

Last edited:
Media
First Name
Allen
hellhoundkustoms
really really depends on your machine, especially whether it's a coil or a rotary. For coils, I use a slow machine setup for shading/color and turn my voltage down to lower the needle force. Then that will vary based on needle configuration. On a coil the voltage controls the needle force so you'll have a different result changing voltage there than you would on a rotary.

Remove Ads