Weekends Efforts

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Hi All, i managed to tattoo 2 brothers over the weekend. The tribal was a re colour. Still having problems with very faint outlines, i used my rotary's this time and they were VERY faint ..... cant get my head around it
Anyway here's the pics

Any advice welcome ;)
Steve

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
the writing looks great dude :icon_cheesygrin: the tribal looking good altho i not fussed on the design of that 1 and understand its a recolour ;) problem you haveing?? could you try explain a bit more about the problems your having ill try my best ;) im just not 100% on what you describing :icon_confused:

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Hi James, I used a 7RL for the outline work on a stealth rotary, the day before i was using my slumdog liner running 14v as it felt wrong (tribal) someone posted that the machines needed tuning, hence the switch to rotary.

The outlines were real scratchy, and didn't have the colour in them, sort of half ink /half bloodline, i wasn't going too fast either, just could not get the black in. I was using talens black, 7RL in a 9 diamond tip.

Now for packing the black in, i used my other stealth set up for a shader using a 9RS for the tips and edge work & for power lining and the black really had to be worked in ... not flowing so to speak. In the end i used a 7mag on my immortal coils machine to get the black in.

Oh another point, i had to use loads of machines as they were getting red hot, so this tells me that the volts were too high? but turning the power down the colour was even harder to get in.

The 2 brothers are semi pro boxers, they were chuffed with the work (freebies anyway) but i was not happy with the technique & machine set up / lack of ink flow

Any help would be most welcome mate

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
Hi James, I used a 7RL for the outline work on a stealth rotary, the day before i was using my slumdog liner running 14v as it felt wrong (tribal) someone posted that the machines needed tuning, hence the switch to rotary.

The outlines were real scratchy, and didn't have the colour in them, sort of half ink /half bloodline, i wasn't going too fast either, just could not get the black in. I was using talens black, 7RL in a 9 diamond tip.

Now for packing the black in, i used my other stealth set up for a shader using a 9RS for the tips and edge work & for power lining and the black really had to be worked in ... not flowing so to speak. In the end i used a 7mag on my immortal coils machine to get the black in.

Oh another point, i had to use loads of machines as they were getting red hot, so this tells me that the volts were too high? but turning the power down the colour was even harder to get in.

The 2 brothers are semi pro boxers, they were chuffed with the work (freebies anyway) but i was not happy with the technique & machine set up / lack of ink flow

Any help would be most welcome mate
ok ill try my best to adress each part ;)

I used a 7RL for the outline work on a stealth rotary-(that seams fine), the day before i was using my slumdog liner running 14v as it felt wrong (tribal)-(14v is very high, your (coil)machine deffinatly neads tuning i run mine aroun 7v but it do vary but shouldnt be over 9v unless its a micky sharps which i think runs on 10v) someone posted that the machines needed tuning, hence the switch to rotary.

The outlines were real scratchy-(scratchy lines can be incorrect depth,moving to fast,not enuff tention on the needle(make the elastic a lil tighter),or incorrect tip for grouping), and didn't have the colour in them, sort of half ink /half bloodline, i wasn't going too fast either, just could not get the black in. I was using talens black, 7RL in a 9 diamond tip.-(7rl in a 9d tip can be used but better to use a 7d with a 7rl-if you have no choice try puting a slight bend into the needle bar to hold the grouping to the rear of the tip)

Now for packing the black in, i used my other stealth set up for a shader using a 9RS for the tips and edge work & for power lining and the black really had to be worked in ... not flowing so to speak. In the end i used a 7mag on my immortal coils machine to get the black in.-(again prity much same as above but more important to use the correct tip for the grouping used there should be hardly any side-to-side movement of the grouping in the tip

Oh another point, i had to use loads of machines as they were getting red hot, so this tells me that the volts were too high? but turning the power down the colour was even harder to get in.- again this gould be down to the needle setup your using and the tuning of your machine but if they get red hot then yes there deffinatly out of tune mate