Welcome me back

iwantmooreink

Premium
First Name
louis
Hey guys,

I just wanted to take the time to re-introduce myself.

My name is Louis, I’m 34 and live in German (but I’m American).

I had an apprenticeship at a shop 5 years ago, but only did it for a few months. I quit for 2 reasons even though I would only admit one.

The first reason was I needed a job to support my family and the job required about 60 hours a week and it didn’t work with the times I needed to be in the shop. The second reason was fear. What if I messed up a tattoo? What if I never became a good tattoo artist or what if I did?

Fast forward to a few months ago. I’m divorced and living by myself. After the divorce I started to draw again (which i had not drew in a few years). I began to get good really quick and people in my life started to suggest or comment that I should tattoo. After the 5th or 6th person a lil spark in my heart ignited.

I started to finally get excited about something once again and the thought of being a tattoo artist was back. I went back to the same tattoo shop I was at before and pretty much begged for my old apprenticeship back and the owner excepted

I was still working 60 hours a week, but if I wasn’t working then I was at the shop. I was cleaning or drawing for about 2 months before the owner said I could start tattooing friends. I didn’t waste anytime and tattooed twice that week (both tattoos were shitty).

2DB8D363-3F2E-4555-9E7C-FE68C61C5025.jpeg
1C854B27-B3F0-4A17-8B66-5E5D0B154DFB.jpeg
I didn’t let the quality of my tattoos bother me because i believe tattooing is a skill and with practice i will get better.

The week after tattooing, the owner started doing things or saying things that I as a man could not deal with. I stayed and put up with it for it as long as possible but it came to a point where I couldn’t let anymore disrespect happen and when I stood up for my self I was fired, which I was going to quit anyway.

After quitting I was depressed and down but then I snapped out of it and said I refuse to give up this time and will finally reach my goal.

I understand the basics of tattooing and just need the confidence and practice to become better so I have decided to turn my bedroom into a private studio working on pig skin till I feel better with lining / shading then work on real skin of friends happily willing to donate themselves.

I have been a member since my first apprenticeship but never committed, I have bought the premium upgrade and will be using you guys for moral support and knowledge!!!!

Thank you in advance

Jerry7297

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Jerry
We;come, there is help here and a lot of opinions that have reason behind them not just being an ass.