What Inks and How Many?????

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Just curious what inks you guys are using and how many you have? Do you have the entire sets or just a few of each?????
I recently went on a shopping spree....(please dont tell the missus...)

I got the following arsenal:

Starbrite inks 1/2oz. 46 color set
61xi3c4RcXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Black Buddah 1oz. set of 5 gray wash
51AMDhYOKOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Skin Candy Kubuki Black outline ink 4oz.
31Y0jVHxqRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This should last me for a good LONG while...so the initial shock of the cost is behind me now. From this point is just replacing a bottle here and there when it runs out not having to purchase the entire game all over.

inkstylus

Premium
First Name
Martin
currently i dont do colour as im mastering black and grey first
but have tried a few inks

at the moment i use intenze true black works well for lining and shading but not so great for block filling tho it could be my technique still

also tried scream inks and were complete shit faded after healing and almost blurred out luckily i only used it on myself and went over it again with better ink

and just bought eternal lining black and tribal black but yet to try them out

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
currently i dont do colour as im mastering black and grey first
but have tried a few inks

at the moment i use intenze true black works well for lining and shading but not so great for block filling tho it could be my technique still

also tried scream inks and were complete shit faded after healing and almost blurred out luckily i only used it on myself and went over it again with better ink

and just bought eternal lining black and tribal black but yet to try them out

I looked at the Intenze true black, not even sure why I went with the Skin candy to be honest but I am sure it will work fine. I also have used Scream inks and actually had pretty decent results with them. I have a nautical star on my arm that was done with them, the red is very nice and has not faded even the least bit. I "personally" dont have anything at all against them, to each his own, I just had the funds to purchase what I really wanted and opted to go this route with the Starbrite colors, Ive never heard anything negative about them. The Black Buddha Ive never used, Ill experiment with it and see what happens, I can always re-mix it though to suit my needs but wanted to give it a shot anyway...plus the price was fairly decent. I was toying with the idea of purchasing the Roan ink in black cherry, I think you could do some really cool custom work with it but probably not enough demand for it to sit on a shelf and collect dust.

dax172

Premium
First Name
Dan
i currently have kuro sumi black outline ink and 12 colours from the skin candy/bloodlines range which i bought when i had tattoos to do that involved that colour.

i am currently looking to replace the skin candy set with intenze as i have heard good things about them but need to get the cash together first lol

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
i currently have kuro sumi black outline ink and 12 colours from the skin candy/bloodlines range which i bought when i had tattoos to do that involved that colour.

i am currently looking to replace the skin candy set with intenze as i have heard good things about them but need to get the cash together first lol

I hear that! Luckily, Im in good with the wife right now and the cash is cool so I made the jump. I looked at the Intenze colors but they seem to only come in 1oz. bottles on all of the sites i looked at...which aint a bad thing. I think the only thing I found that was close to this was like 19 colors in 1oz. bottles for around $200.00. Not bad but I was happy to get double the colors with the same price in a quality ink. I say go for it when you get the cash, Intenze is some nice inks!!!!!!:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Patrick

Premium Gold
First Name
Patrick
I use talens black for black & grey work, but will try ONE and maybe another balck when I next need to order. I originally used Kashoku colours because they came with my original kit, but they have now been replaced by Eternal. I have about 20 different colours and find Eternal to be really good and quite a bit cheaper than Intenze. However I here that Intenze is also very good.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
im using prizm inks got 21 colors and im also using ichibi? wash colors need some dark lining inks any recomendations

lots to choose from out there....I had some of the Ichiban Black, I used alot of it and liked it quite well...check out amazon they have a ton!!!!

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
I use talens black for black & grey work, but will try ONE and maybe another balck when I next need to order. I originally used Kashoku colours because they came with my original kit, but they have now been replaced by Eternal. I have about 20 different colours and find Eternal to be really good and quite a bit cheaper than Intenze. However I here that Intenze is also very good.

Ive never tried Talon's though i have heard of folks using it. I really just associated with with drawing ink, and never tattooing..
Ive also heard some good stuff about Eternal, I even checked them out when I was looking..again, It was the amount of colors Vs. Price that drove me right to the Starbrites.

Fozz

Premium
First Name
Michael
I use Talens black ink too, which looks great. I have Scream colours but have only used them once on that star a I did a while ago, so can't really comment on them......

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
I use Hogarth Inks, they supply me with the primary colours and I mix my own shades as this way I get what I want. 023.jpg

skinpix

Premium
First Name
Mark
Hey all,
I use "ONE" black ink for lining & shade mixes...also great for tribal...i use iron butterfly colours (made by the makers of starbrite inks) going over to Eternal ink tho,tried them out & they are awesome.....

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
Ive never heard of that brand, UK brand?

Hi ya

Yes indeed a British Company that specialize in ink only. Never had a problem with them, value for money and the ink is nice and thick, I have found I can do loads with it, so never have to spend out on brand names that don't really get the shades that I want, being an artist I never really on premixed but prefer to create my own and bottle up the left overs, at least I know in my self they are safe and what is precisely in them. This is what I do and is my preference, perhaps not every ones cup of tea ... lol

Take a look > http://www.hogarthinks.co.uk/permanent_tattoo_inks.htm

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi Steve, do you have a picture of a tattoo you have done with this ink, it looks good to me, I use mom's at the moment and find it very good, it's nice and thick, goes in easy and doesn't dry up to quick but it can work out expensive.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
it works out at about 4.2 oz and it will cost about 89.76 usd but the conversion table i used is a bit old so give or take a dollar, if the colours are good then i think i will buy a set.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
The Black Buddha grey wash you have is great for light portrait work I loved it.

MAN THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR!!!!! Ive not tried it out, and cant till I get home over the Holiday's but you can be sure I am excited about all of it........
Just as an FYI...If you look at the Skin Candy Kabuki Black Outline ink on Amazon, youll notice that there are two different prices for it, for the same amount. I emailed the seller and they have assured me that what I got is authentic. SO basically the stuff for the higher price is just a rip off of your money!!!!!!

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve, do you have a picture of a tattoo you have done with this ink, it looks good to me, I use mom's at the moment and find it very good, it's nice and thick, goes in easy and doesn't dry up to quick but it can work out expensive.

Hi ya

Would love to post some pictures using this ink, problem after problem here grrrrrr
Transfered 'all' my art work to the external hard drive, to free my pc up a bit and feeking hell the thing is not responding ... 'not a happy chappy at the moment' :icon_cry:
Going to take me a while to try and resolve this issue as all my stuff on it, should have kept it on my pc .....

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Hi ya

Would love to post some pictures using this ink, problem after problem here grrrrrr
Transfered 'all' my art work to the external hard drive, to free my pc up a bit and feeking hell the thing is not responding ... 'not a happy chappy at the moment' :icon_cry:
Going to take me a while to try and resolve this issue as all my stuff on it, should have kept it on my pc .....

good luck with that m8...:icon_smile:

jacksdad

Premium
First Name
john
i also use hogarth inks, all primary colours and mix well, had em a year nearly and absolutely no problems ,, was using kuro sumi black and loved it but was running out and was skint so bought talenz black, again no problems lining and it mixes well for a wash, would love to try some intenze colour when i have the funds but wasnt sure the best, or to be really honest, cheapest supplier??

AksysGamer

Welcome To The Carnival
Premium
First Name
Kyle
Talens, Fusion, Intenze, and Perma Pro for Color.

Talens, and Alla Prima for Black n Grey.

That is all I use lol.

fronshee

Premium
First Name
tess
have been using Eternal and the last of my original kashoku, but I'm quite into trying the Xtreme inks that I've seen recommended by a couple of peeps on here.. *£75 for 21 colours and I hear good things about them. I have limited colours right now and don't mind mixing them up, but feel everything would be a bit more streamlined if I had more colours and didn't HAVE to do mixes. Like the look of the Eternal portrait set but I have to save some pocket money! You have a good and understanding wifey Viper :icon_razz:

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
Talens for all black/black-grey/outline, Starbrite sample set of 6 colors, Waverly sample set 14 colors, Fusion sample set 12 colors and then bought 15 more various colors. I also have iron butterfly UV colors, Ichiban Sumi outline, Kokkai Sumi grey and blood wash sets. I mainly use Talens/Waverly/Fusion inks for everything now and dont even use the grey wash or blood wash sets anymore. I usually just thin the talens in the tube and do my grey wash on the fly. Fusion is medium thickness, bright, easy to use and Waverly is thicker but vibrant and easy to put in the skin. I would recommend that you guys try these both and they each have a sample set. Also fogot to add that Fusion is vegan ink.