• Later today, the site will be offline for essential server upgrades. This upgrade should run without any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What is the best brush for light shading on pro create?

Newbbb

Basic
First Name
Dan
Trying to see how a done tattoo will look with some light grey wash shading on pro create app but its not working in the slightest.

tried air brush but its to thick solid colour even with the opacity down, anyone got any pics of what they have done and how? The grey wash effect

Cyberthrasher

Premium
First Name
Allen
I'm just learning procreate but here's the spraypaint brush. You can also buy "needle" brush sets from a few places. TattooSmart makes the ones that are supposed to be the best developed. There's also a tip here about how to adjust the airbrush into a good tattoo shading brush, but I haven't done it yet (I've had my ipad for a week - give me time).

1617806356967.png

soulstare22

Premium
First Name
Tim
https://www.instagram.com/lilcatinkportfolio/
in photoshop for all my grey shading I would use a pencil brush, but turn down the flow to 2%. idk what the procreate equivalent of that would be.

in photoshop there is a setting for opacity and flow of a brush, im sure there is something similar on procreate.

Newbbb

Basic
First Name
Dan
I'm just learning procreate but here's the spraypaint brush. You can also buy "needle" brush sets from a few places. TattooSmart makes the ones that are supposed to be the best developed. There's also a tip here about how to adjust the airbrush into a good tattoo shading brush, but I haven't done it yet (I've had my ipad for a week - give me time).

View attachment 25639
Hi cheers for that, still couldent find a free brush for it unless i missed something? Only about dots

Cyberthrasher

Premium
First Name
Allen
Hi cheers for that, still couldent find a free brush for it unless i missed something? Only about dots
There wasn't a free brush listed there. There was a description about how to adjust the stock "airbrush" and make a "tattoo" brush out of it. You can purchase brush set from TattooSmart (or many other locations) that is specifically designed to replicate tattoo needles. Or you can just go use the spraypaint brush instead. Set it huge, select the area you're working on and go for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.