Which Ink

Mr_Carr81

Premium
First Name
Dale
Just wondering what ink every body uses? I've been using skin candy but a tattooist told me it used to be shocking stuff although improved a lot recently

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I use mom's it's a bit thicker than some people like but it's just how i like it and it goes in fast, i am thinking of sticking with mom's but using intenze for some of the colours i think will look better in the style of tattoos i like to do.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
I think as mentioned by the previous poster it really kinda depends on what your doing. As an artist that paints, Ive probably got 8-10 different colors of Blue alone, the same would go for Red, Yellow, and Green, and probably half are from different companies. If your doing a dark zombie tattoo you certainly don't want some ink that is bright and colorful, you want something more muted and toned down so it doesn't look more like a clown when your done.

Just as an example only, Moms ink my have "sunshine Yellow" a very bright yellow that works great for a swallow or other applications. While Intenze has "sundown Yellow" thats a darker yellow and works better for portrait work.....so as you see every company has their own twist on a color, you have to choose what colors your going to want and use accordingly.

If you look Intenze makes a "Artist Series" ink set that very intentionally caters to a certain style of tattooing. The Bowery Stan ink set is very much Old School colors, for Old school tattoos....

Ive never committed to just "one" company for this very reason. I think eventually your going to own a variety of inks that will match the type tattoo your doing....

viper

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
It's worth noting that a lot of big brand inks such as Intenze are getting copied and imported in. I'd just say make sure you get it from a reputable UK supplier so you know you're getting the real deal. There's already some nasty sh*t goes into even the good tattoo ink to make colours vibrant and with no regulation on tattoo inks, you really don't know what you're be putting in peoples skin!