Why the hell are Stencil printers so expensive????

Esq

Premium
1 Feb 2021
Baltimore, MD
First Name
Lando
I find myself spending a long time on the stencils on to lose it on the fake skin because it bled or something.

Most of the time, and it might be because I am new, but the stencils are one trick ponies where if I mess up, I have to re-do the stencil ALL over again. Adding to the conveince of a stencil printer... but hot damn why are they so expensive?!?! I can't seem to find a decent one sub $150 and it's tragic.

Cyberthrasher

Premium
23 Sep 2019
California
First Name
Allen
You won't. But, if you have an inkjet you can just get a thermal copier. They're in that range and they'll pay for themselves pretty quick. Even if you have to replace it yearly, you paid for it within 2 clients. Otherwise the printers are just Brother Pocket Jet's. Find one that works in your price range on ebay or something. I'm actually waiting on a offer I made on a thermal copier this morning. I'm sick of spending so much of my limited time stenciling. I have no problem doing it, i'm just strapped for the space in my day and still having time to practice.

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
17 Dec 2014
Media
Stockholm
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I have no idea about stencils, but somewhere - probably on here - I just learned that using talk powder on the fake skin before applying stencil works great. Obviously Reelskin makers have started to recommend that.

If that is of any help.

Last edited:

Esq

Premium
1 Feb 2021
Baltimore, MD
First Name
Lando
I'm sick of spending so much of my limited time stenciling. I have no problem doing it, i'm just strapped for the space in my day and still having time to practice.
Exactly this, I have a lot of pieces with tiny tiny details that easily don't translate to a hand stencil.

soulstare22

Premium
20 Jan 2019
china
First Name
Tim
https://www.instagram.com/lilcatinkportfolio/
I find myself spending a long time on the stencils on to lose it on the fake skin because it bled or something.

Most of the time, and it might be because I am new, but the stencils are one trick ponies where if I mess up, I have to re-do the stencil ALL over again. Adding to the conveince of a stencil printer... but hot damn why are they so expensive?!?! I can't seem to find a decent one sub $150 and it's tragic.
u can just buy a refillable inkjet printer, but put in stencil ink instead.

should cost you like 300$.

the cheapest option would be a thermal copier which is only 100$, but you have to supply the stencils.

Remove Ads

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.