Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Working on some hand lettering

Thread starter #1
First Name
Nathan
One says “Atlanta” the other “Tacoma”.

Working on my hand lettering skills. They are just sketches but feel free to give me some CC if you have any pointers.

Also threw in the first sketch of the Notre Dame fighting Irish mascot I’m tattooing thins weekend. Need to tweak that up a bit.

Attachments

TexasPT

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
they look good. If I ever figure out painting then being able to write pretty script is on my list of things to learn.

Thread starter #3
First Name
Nathan
they look good. If I ever figure out painting then being able to write pretty script is on my list of things to learn.
The way I see it, if I want to make money tattooing in Atlanta, and if I have no interest in realism I need to learn lettering. I love trad work but I doubt I could pay the bills with it. Lettering is cool too though. Lots of fun and easy to practice with just pen and pencil. Painting has set up and take down as well as cleaning which means I need more time.

NewlineTa2

First Name
Joseph
One says “Atlanta” the other “Tacoma”.

Working on my hand lettering skills. They are just sketches but feel free to give me some CC if you have any pointers.

Also threw in the first sketch of the Notre Dame fighting Irish mascot I’m tattooing thins weekend. Need to tweak that up a bit.
Not to knock you down Nate because I have been following your work and really like your painting but in the Atlanta one it looks like you got the l and the t mixed up but only because of how far you brought the crossbar of the t it just looked a tad bit confusing but I am probably just cross eyed lol keep up the good work

First Name
Jay
Did you check out bj betts custom lettering guide ?

I don't like to do lettering, but there's a lot of info and 'guidelines' in those. Not sure where I got them from but I have the PDF's if you want them.

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
Did you check out bj betts custom lettering guide ?

I don't like to do lettering, but there's a lot of info and 'guidelines' in those. Not sure where I got them from but I have the PDF's if you want them.
Thanks @balooka those PDFs are great. I got copies and will use these going forward.

Thread starter #7
First Name
Nathan
@balooka The BJ Betts books have been my main resource for practicing. The examples and alphabets are great but I've learned a bunch from the comments he includes as well.

@NewlineTa2 the more I look at it I think you are right haha. The cross line should be higher on the T than the L. I'm sure there is a joke in there about knowing people are from Atlanta because they don't pronounce the T's when they say it.

First Name
Jay
Ah there you go! I had issues downloading from his sources so I'm not sure I got them there, but good to know!

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
Ha ha i tattooed it on my mates butt a couple of years ago, he won't mind me posting it he's always getting his clothes off!