Would Love to Know How Wild is Doing

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi dawn just thought id start a thread to see how your doing hope all is well would love to know how your shop is progressing bless

Remove Ads

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hahahaha.....

All being well, keys will be in my hand next Sat 7th

V busy with all the plans n buying gear etc!

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
Yes good luck Dawn . this will be an interesting thread if we can share your new adventure . One thing that never seems to get mentioned is Pricing a tattoo , how do you go about that ,surely once a customer decides what they want the next question would be how much will it cost so how do you work it out.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
ATM I'm just building up my portfolio so just get few quid for inks etc but obv when I take the next step it'll be bit different! Think around *£30 an hour seem cheapest rate I have come across? I paid 100 hour for a tat 3 weeks ago n it's lovely but nowt spesh! My cousin has been paying 100 hour to a pro for a cover up (it's pretty ropey tbh - not done by me btw!) and he charges 60 hour on new skin. His apprentice is 35 hour ......

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Good luck Dawn,
hope all goes well in the new shop.xx

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
So now I have to come to your shop for a Tat well if you gett busy just cross the big water an Lay some ink on me LOL . Hope all goes well for you Hun :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Ed :icon_cool:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Thanks Ed. You're welcome to call over for ink anytime ;) x

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Fncking hell - just my luck!

Well........ Update guys........
Got my keys last night..... Went for couple shandies to celebrate......... Got back n checked emails (big mistake) ......... Email from local busy body with a list of info from planning department!!!

In short, council require me to apply for change of use for the building (I did check this with the landlord n was told no probs!!). Business classification for tattooing - although 'sales' is interpreted by the district you are in!

The conservation officer has stepped in because I wish to erect a privacy screen for my clients - apparently they construe this as a change to the fabric of the building (eh???) even though I could literally have it free standing!
Also they won't let me have additional sink fitted (listed building consent required)!

Why oh why did they not tell me this weeks ago? Omg! I could scream!

I have been trying to contact this guy for 2 weeks and he decides to email me on the day I get the keys!

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Hi Dawn

I may be able to help there (legal loophole) what is the unit attended for?

malagaspike

Premium
First Name
Nigel
Keep strong Dawn , if your landlord new what you intended to use the property for then he should help you , as for the screen agree not to have one then after there is nothing stopping you have a PORTABLE one, maybe they are thinking you want to build a wall . The sink i dont know the situation but can you not change it for a double sink or two side by side using the same pipework .

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Regarding the sink, what about those water coolers that have a bottle stuck on the top? They have a hot water tap aswell. Just plug it in. We used to have them on the building sites in the cabins.
http://www.aquaidwatercoolers.co.uk/bottled-water-coolers/

And for the privacy screen, you should get away with a simple folding/cantalever style exhibition board.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Cheers everyone - support is much appreciated. I will go with a portable screen, portable water unit and say my main use is art gallery/retail.... I will keep you informed of developments ;) X

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
ATM I'm just building up my portfolio so just get few quid for inks etc but obv when I take the next step it'll be bit different! Think around *£30 an hour seem cheapest rate I have come across? I paid 100 hour for a tat 3 weeks ago n it's lovely but nowt spesh! My cousin has been paying 100 hour to a pro for a cover up (it's pretty ropey tbh - not done by me btw!) and he charges 60 hour on new skin. His apprentice is 35 hour ......
A friend of mine told me (no really a friend :icon_cheesygrin:) told me the going rate in Bristol is 100 with the min being about 80 - these are shop prices of course, another friend told me the cheapest they found in some Welsh valleys is *£35 but that I could open up next door and take all their customers - art is subjective so I was reluctant to entertain the conversation, and I think I pay about *£65-75/hr when I go over to Swansea - I think it depends on what I ask them to do - if they are into it, it is always cheaper because they lose track of time through the enjoyment of it :icon_idea:.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Sunday bloody Sunday - or Monday bloody Monday LOL?!!!

Well chaps/chapesses,

I have my plan in place for tomorrow - ring planning FIRST thing - I am heading this guy off at the pass!!! I am going to tell a little white lie and say I have spoken with my solicitor, and cannot understand what the fuss is about.... Primarily my shop will be retail (hehehe!)

No. 2..... ring H&S - ask him if portable screen & water/wash basin will be adequate
No. 3..... ring conservation and tell him I have overcome the obstacles (hopefully)!

So....... wish me luck! cross your fingers and toes..... and hopefully tommorra neeet it'll be shandies all roond - on me!!! LOL!

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob
Best of luck Dawn hope all goes well don't let them get you down you will get there in the end just look how far you have come in such a short time "just shows you are a fighter not a quitter. keep on messaging to keep us all informed and good luck!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Good luck for 2moz hun...you can do this,your a tough Geordie lass,he he x x x

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi all, think this is becoming the longest thread in history!!
Spoke to planning and they have agreed to let me proceed for now - but I am told they will be watching me!! If the council receive Any complaints they said I would be issued with a retrospective application and it may be refused!
I am not allowed to put up any signs or paint the outside or inside for 6 weeks whilst I await listed building consent! I have been trying ALL DAY to get hold of the head honcho but he will not return my calls......
On a positive note, the h&s guy has been v supportive and says if this guy does not contact me tomorrow, he will go higher as he feels he is being blatantly obstructive because I am a tattoo artist! He said he sees no reason why I can't have my screen and sink as normal. Although these buildings are listed, he says we have to move into the 21st century! (my hero!!)

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Thursday night ..... and all is not well!!

The week has been a total headache!! Now H&S (N I thought he way my pal :( ) wants another sink!!! OMG I can't take anymore......

Where is the Jack D........

Let's put it this way, tomorrow is Friday 13th - and things CAN NOT GET ANY WORSE!! (can they?)

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Update....

shop is now almost decorated! 2 sinks are duly installed - if you want to know cheapest place for 2 round sinks - Ikea - but don't buy plumbing kit - its cheaper elsewhere!!

New hot water heater installed!!

Flooring (patterned laminate) ready to go down - hopefully this weekend!!

In the process of sourcing artwork for the 'gallery' space LOL ;)
and few other 'retail' bit and pieces...

Now on the hunt for a screen (not expensive - as no cash left LOL!)

Meanwhile back at the ranch, trying to get used to my new Hawk - which I am LOVIN!!! but wish had more time to play!!

It's looking like open day will be 30th May (Bank Hol), as there is a big parade/family day in town - so loads of people about to catch and hand out my leaflets (oops! not done them yet!!)

Catch up again soon - hope you are all well - and look forward to hearing of all of your future plans!!!

Oh - and I have a Uni Student friend who wants to be an apprentice - married mum of 2 - who I'll soon be introducing to you lot!! :)

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
Update....

It's looking like open day will be 30th May (Bank Hol), as there is a big parade/family day in town - so loads of people about to catch and hand out my leaflets (oops! not done them yet!!)

Good luck with the opening - if you havent already done so (and not breaking forum rules) let us know the new shop address.