P Your Favorite Black Ink and Why

79josh81

Premium
Media
First Name
Josh
Title says it all. I use Kuro Sumi lining ink and like it, but I've never really tried anything else. I was looking into Dynamic but I don't really know the difference between their regular black and triple black (other than the triple black I'm assuming is darker). Any experience with Dynamic? If not what's your go to black ink for lining, packing, and black and grey washes?

Jerry7297

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Jerry
Nothing wrong with Kuro Sumi, I switched to Dynamic and I have had no problems. Black enough for me, and flows well. I did make some washes out of it as well and they were great. I do not know much about the Dynamic Triple black as I have not used it before, guess would be its a little darker and thicker.

I do prefer buying a Grey wash set, right now I have been using the Solid Ink GW set and its been should I say Solid...

79josh81

Premium
Media
First Name
Josh
Nothing wrong with Kuro Sumi, I switched to Dynamic and I have had no problems. Black enough for me, and flows well.
What is the consistency of the Dynamic vs the Kuro? Is it watery-ish like the Kuro? Have you noticed any difference in appearance when it heals compared to Kuro? I’ve noticed Kuro heals with a kind of shine to it.

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
Ive been using Dynamic, been fine for me. I did just picked up the silverback th1rt3en GW set and it has a solid black in there i have yet to try it though. However the grey wash set is perfect.

Torb

Premium
Media
First Name
Torbjorn
I have tried a few different blacks including Intenze and Waverly. I always seem to go back to Dynamic. I love the consistency. Seems to go in easier for me.

balooka

Premium Plus
First Name
Jay
Dynamic and dynamic triple black. Cuts nicely into greywash and is consistent. I have tried multiple brands and most are fine too but I picked Dynamic because of the flow and I want the same black on returning clients.

Kuro (lining, shading and soft shading) was what I used in the beginning, didn't really like the healed look of it.

Iromero93

Premium
First Name
italo
Italo_romero_
I have been using dynamic for a year or so and I can’t complain. Recently switched to allegory and I’m liking it.. heals pretty dark and it’s not thick