Zombie Bite!

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
G'day everyone,
Just finished this one:

It was done with a 5RL, 9RS and 11RS and took about 1.5 hours to complete. And sorry the pic is a little crappy, taken with an iPhone.

I was really excited to do this one, i love trying to do gore as realistic as i can, so i love the practice!

I took pictures of each stage, so if anyone is interested ill post them up.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

Remove Ads

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
Very good mate, would be interested in seeing the step by step pics.

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated! :icon_mrgreen:

Heres the pics:

Firstly is just the stencil. I recently bought a stencil maker from eBay and it is such a time saver! I recommend them to anyone, but be sure to check auctions instead of 'buy it now'.

Next I used my 5RL to blood line, although i did use a very light grey. You can still see the faint stencil in this pic.

Using my 9RS I added some simple shading to give the 3D effect. It looks darker in this pic because of the blood, but it looks lighter in other pics. Sorry its slightly out of focus!

I then added the stencils for the blood splatter in the top and blood dribble at the bottom. I didn't want to over do the blood so i kept it fairly conservative. The blood was done with a 5RL and a 9RS.

Once the blood was finished (except of white highlights) I used my 5RL and mixed up a reddish-purple colour and added about 40% witch hazel and began work on the veins.

I mixed up 2 different browns, one for the light bruising and one for the infected busing. Both were combinations of brown, yellow and white. More brown for the infection, more yellow for the bruise. All were about 40% witch hazel also, and i used a little of the vein mixture for some of the purplish bruising too. These were done with the 11RS.

Finally i added the white highlights into the blood which can be seen in the original pic.

Thanks for looking everyone, and all comments are welcome!

Cheers,
Steve

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Great work Steve, looks really good. Thanks for the step by step info it's really helpfull.

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
Thanks for the added pics, very good. it's good to see how you build up the effect, very realistic.

5*****

Simon

Megzilla

Basic
First Name
David
Really liking this. I think you've got the perfect amount of blood in the piece too.

The step by step is a really good idea too. Will have to remember to do that in the future.

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Cheers! I think I'll do more step by step write ups. :icon_mrgreen: