• AtlantaNate

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
First Name
Nathan
Trophies
(T)(T)
Voting is now open. Its been a poor turnout again, so the contests may have to end if more members don't join in.

I think more people need to get in on these contests, we should think of it more as an art prompt. obviously I’m so new it’s hard for me to comment on the technical aspects of the tattoos being made here but one thing I see lacking in a lot of these posts is the art quality. Ever good tattooer I follow on Instagram or listen to in podcasts/videos stresses that we need to be drawing and painting constantly.

What if instead of a contest with winners and losers we started an art prompt with a theme? Then we could create a piece related to that theme and discuss why or how we arrived at our drawing. Do you guys feel we would get more participation that way?

My thought is we are already going about this tattoo thing in a way that breaks from tradition by skipping the apprenticeships. Maybe we should incorporate what many apprenticeships focus on and that is creating drawings/paintings and then discussing them.