Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
Trophies
(T)
So the Turtle tattoo is busy and she wanted more elements in it... It looks dark but alot of it will lighten a lot. She was very figity and could not take the pain well at all. Rip it apart as seen fit.

The flower is a pansy flower and I like it mostly, but IDK... maybe the white wasnt a good idea. Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
nice one mr..first off i am a little drunk but the turtle looks good to me..the shading round the outside is a nice touch..will be good to see what it heels like but its a good piece from what i can see lol..well done mate

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Super busy, the turtle, as you said :giggle: And she wanted more in it? :eek:

I'm not good at commenting tattooing technique unfortunately, if I would have anything to say it is that lines imho looks a bit too obvious - but oth plenty of tattoos looks this way. And the motif is very nice tattooed, like the turtles head, and the sea shells. I think maybe I wouldn't have made all these holes in that plant dark, maybe it would have looked better to leave them, like in the stencil.

For the flower I think maybe it would have looked better with the white line only around the purpled petals. But it looks very nice tattooed to me, the flower :)

TexasPT

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Trophies
(T)
I don't dislike either...the white will be gone in a month on the pansy anyway so don't sweat it. :)

I think the turtle tattoo would benefit greatly from some varied line weights to give it a bit more depth. you got some nice gradients in the turtle and conch but the fanned out coral looks rushed. (probably from her pain tolerance) I'd ask for another session and build a few lines and add some depth to the flat spots. 5rs would be amazing on the coral details.

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
Hi jerry, turtle looks good, be more readable once everything settles down, it's very hard to pull off black n grey when it's a busy design, you kind of run out of gradients, but like mark said, line weights can help some. The flower is in solid but the white does look a little weird. The 'no outline flowers' always look mega on google and pinterest, but when you try them yourself they look a little meh.

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
Trophies
(T)
I agree @TexasPT , I had my 5RS out but didnt get to use it as much as I wanted...

@ribul the turtle piece took almost 4.5hrs due to breaks. She took 3 breaks.

I did have some ideas for line weights but she wanted no more of the liner... I will request the 2nd session. Not sure if she will show back up lol.

Morrissey

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
John
I like the turtle tattoo ... more dark shading up to the lines as you have done on the bottom/belly of turtle helps hide lines , where appropriate of course .... and more texture/detail in coral , as already said ... well done