practice practice and you will improve

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
im not going to post pics all the time of my work because it will get boring really quickly.. in one of my posts i mentioned i didnt see much improvement on my work. todays activites didnt go according to plan so i set up my tattooing gear at the shop and found a carbon i did just over a month ago....right me thinks nows the time to see exactly how much progress i have made...yeah i know i didnt do anything with the eyeball this time..well actually i did but tried realism and messed it up badly haha..but slight improvement none the less i think

Attachments

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
yeah thanks..thats what i thought..the only problem and i will be honest they were both lined up on a flat surface..the shading and colour packing was on a curved surface..but over all im happier with the latest one..tonight's practice is the image below..no idea if its above my capabilities and its too much ..i think if i take my time i might make it look ok..i might be trying to run before i can walk again but i like to challenge myself

Attachments

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Malin
I can't tell either if that's above your capacity, but usually everyone starts with far too complicated motifs and end up focusing more on the motif - and usually getting happy because it looks so good, which it tends to do when it's complicated. Because all your technical flaws doesn't show when there's so much to look at. Better would be to start muuuch less complicated and focus on technique instead.

But most of us have gone through that stage, me too :) You do your complicated motif, but don't forget to use your critical eye when having a look at the result.

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
yeah it was above my capability..but!! i learned a little..which is the main thing..good bits not so good bits...i just sent it my 'mentor'. and got positive comments...i know where i messed up..and you guys will see the bits straightaway too haha

Attachments