Smooth blends

First Name
James
Hi
Long time since i’ve asked a question.
Smooth blends, does anyone know how to get them.
I have trouble with getting dead head fades I think they are called.
Basically so you can see the end of one colour and the start of the other rather than a seamless blend between the two.
I think it’s hand speed, on practice skin I had a better fade from orange to yellow by speeding my hand up towards the edge pf the orange so it wasn’t so saturated, this seemed to help fade the yellow into the section I practiced on.
Could anyone give me any tips please......thanks in advance

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
if i remember right...and i cant do it...iv been told if your blending the same colour groups i think its called you dip both colours when u want to blend..so if your colouring orange and want to fade in to yellow while you have orange in ur tip dip in to your yellow..hand speed and size of circles will also have to be worked out...then again this information might be totally wrong and useless..lol but i think im on the right lines

First Name
James
if i remember right...and i cant do it...iv been told if your blending the same colour groups i think its called you dip both colours when u want to blend..so if your colouring orange and want to fade in to yellow while you have orange in ur tip dip in to your yellow..hand speed and size of circles will also have to be worked out...then again this information might be totally wrong and useless..lol but i think im on the right lines
Ok thanks Ribul i’ll give that a try.
Would the same apply them coming from a black to a midtone grey?
I suppose it would but no harm in asking

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
yeah i would assume so...have a play about and see what results you get..im sure iv been told for smooth greys..(watered down black) use the shader...so if your packing black and then shading out in to a lighter tone id swap machines just as i start the fade...it might work... im still learning and again i could and probably will be way wrong

First Name
James
yeah i would assume so...have a play about and see what results you get..im sure iv been told for smooth greys..(watered down black) use the shader...so if your packing black and then shading out in to a lighter tone id swap machines just as i start the fade...it might work... im still learning and again i could and probably will be way wrong
Thank Ribul, i will try on my practice skin