Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

Tattoo pen maschine or rotary maschine

First Name
Mikael
Hi, everyone, I've been thinking about upgrading myself from my two old coil machines to a rotary or a pen shaped machine with a cartridge system because it seems very convenient and I am tired of tuning my machines , I'm not very good at tuning them.

I heard from someone that a pen machine is way more difficult to use than a "normal rotary machine " and he suggested me to not buy a pen looking machine until I got more experience, what is your opinions about pen machines compared to rotary , and do you have any suggestion on brands , and certain models that can use cartridge system.

Best wishes
mike.

Dazza

Premium
Donator  
First Name
Daryl
I brought a Cheyenne pen as my first machine ,and I love it ,it’s really easy to set up and use and wrap ,and has enough power to line ,shade or pack solid colour ,it really easy compared to most machines as you can work in a 360 degree motion with out the body or coils getting in the way ,I would highly recommend them , Ez make a good copy and also have a few different designs,if you choose them buy direct from the link as they are cheaper ,get some cartridges while your there ,they also have really fast shipping ,good luck

Goldwingdaz

Premium
Donator  
First Name
Daz
Yup I agree, don't leave the coils, learn them, strip them, rebuild them, do a lot of practice with them, until they are second nature. Then get a pen or rotary and have a go, it will be beneficial in the long run but it would take 2 pages to explain every reason why. Honestly. (y)
Suffice to say, many top World renowned Artists have Rotary machines coming out of their ears, but you will find half a dozen coils lovingly set in stands and used regularly.

First Name
josh
If you get a pen style rotary get a right stuff hornet, if you feel like you have enough knowledge on how to tune your machine with your coils then you can switch that knowledge will carry with you